Agent Release Request

Tam1

I have been trying to have my appointment with a company released for 47 days now (but who's counting?) I have been unsuccessful and would like any advice on the situation. I have spoke to six different people within this company who have said all of the right things when speaking to me and promised to email me/call me back the same day but they never do. I have sent countless emails and called several times a day to no avail. I have a new employer and this is preventing me from using my license. I spoke with the Louisiana Department of Insurance who informed me there is nothing I can do on my end to have my license released.

I have been trying to have my appointment with a company released for 47 days now (but who's counting?) I have been unsuccessful and would like any advice on the situation. I have spoke to six different people within this company who have said all of the right things when speaking to me and promised to email me/call me back the same day but they never do. I have sent countless emails and called several times a day to no avail. I have a new employer and this is preventing me from using my license. I spoke with the Louisiana Department of Insurance who informed me there is nothing I can do on my end to have my license released.

From where are you requesting the release? Name them.

I have been trying to have my appointment with a company released for 47 days now (but who's counting?) I have been unsuccessful and would like any advice on the situation.

Put their brokerage name out here for others to see. Sometimes they feel the heat when they are exposed and release you.

In the future always get an up front signed release. A pre-nuptial agreement. Granted these take some wrangling around to get.

Last edited:
file a complaint with the insurance bureau. at least it will force the carrier/agency to respond to the complaint. they will either have to state why they wont release or they will release you to avoid the headache of the back & forth that insurance bureau complaints involve. many insurance bureaus are merely a copy service that copies responses & sends to the other party & back & forth until someone gives up

file a complaint with the insurance bureau. at least it will force the carrier/agency to respond to the complaint. they will either have to state why they wont release or they will release you to avoid the headache of the back & forth that insurance bureau complaints involve. many insurance bureaus are merely a copy service that copies responses & sends to the other party & back & forth until someone gives up
I have only been able to find a consumer complaint form, is there a different way of doing this?

I have only been able to find a consumer complaint form, is there a different way of doing this?

I am sure your current employer wont care if that old appointment lingers out there if you can show that you have requested it cancelled. It happens more than you think that you cant get a former person to sign on the NIPR website & merely cancel your appointment.

Back