Agents Going Out on Good Friday?

There is a car dealer in Lansing Mi that stays open 365 days a year. They are open on Sundays 12 to 5 and they are packed all day every Sunday. When you pull in at noon they are lined up waiting to get in.

Christmas is also a very good day for them. I lasted there a week and a half.

There is a car dealer in Lansing Mi that stays open 365 days a year. They are open on Sundays 12 to 5 and they are packed all day every Sunday. When you pull in at noon they are lined up waiting to get in.

Christmas is also a very good day for them. I lasted there a week and a half.
slacker..........

There are two Sabbath days on Passover week. In John 19, it refers to it as a High Day. Also, think about the ladies buying spices and preparing them. That is considered work and they would not have been able to do it on Saturday.

Christ died on a Wednesday. Thursday was the High Day Sabbath. Friday the ladies would have bought and prepared the spices for his burial. Saturday was another Sabbath. Then early on the first day of the week they went to the tomb, but He was already risen.

If you line up all 4 gospels, it is easy to see.

Plus, Jewish tradition or not, Christ himself said he would be in the grave 3 days and 3 nights.

It's Catholic tradition that says Christ died on a Friday. I understand the confusion as it said the next day was the Sabbath.

But as you well know, Catholics place more importance on Church Tradition than the Scriptures.
where you think you got your copy of the scriptures from?

where you think you got your copy of the scriptures from?
God lol where else? :)

If you're trying to say I got my copy of the Scriptures from the Catholics, you couldn't be farther from the truth.

I use the KJV, obviously a Protestant translation. Also, it is based off the majority of Greek manuscripts in existence.

However, you are correct that most people are using Catholic translations. All other translations, Catholic or otherwise, are based off two (out of 5500) Greek manuscripts.

One, Codex Vaticanus, was hidden in the recesses of the Vatican library for 1000 years. The other, Codex Sinaiticus, was found in a trash can in a monastery at the foot of Mt Sinai, hence the name. Half of it had already been burned for kindling lol.

So whether you're using the Douay-Rheims, NABre, NASB, ESV, NIV etc you are using a Catholic bible.

The problem I have is those two manuscripts, Vaticanus and Sinaiticus, differ from the the other 95% of Greek manuscripts in over 15,000 places. And the publishers of these translations hold copyrights (the KJV is open source). To keep these copyrights, they go in and make changes to the text every few years. Seems like there's a verse or two that included great curses for those who would seek to "add to or take away" from Gods Word. ;)

God promised to preserve his Word forever, not hide it in a library or monastery.

Last edited:
God lol where else? :)

If you're trying to say I got my copy of the Scriptures from the Catholics, you couldn't be farther from the truth.

I use the KJV, obviously a Protestant translation. Also, it is based off the majority of Greek manuscripts in existence.

However, you are correct that most people are using Catholic translations. All other translations, Catholic or otherwise, are based off two (out of 5500) Greek manuscripts.

One, Codex Vaticanus, was hidden in the recesses of the Vatican library for 1000 years. The other, Codex Sinaiticus, was found in a trash can in a monastery at the foot of Mt Sinai, hence the name. Half of it had already been burned for kindling lol.

So whether you're using the Douay-Rheims, NABre, NASB, ESV, NIV etc you are using a Catholic bible.

The problem I have is those two manuscripts, Vaticanus and Sinaiticus, differ from the the other 95% of Greek manuscripts in over 15,000 places. And the publishers of these translations hold copyrights (the KJV is open source). To keep these copyrights, they go in and make changes to the text every few years. Seems like there's a verse or two that included great curses for those who would seek to "add to or take away" from Gods Word. ;)

God promised to preserve his Word forever, not hide it in a library or monastery.

The warning is at the end of the Revelation of Jesus Christ to the Apostle John and since the Bible as a "book" had not been assembled at the time, it is in error to try to say that particular verse applies to the Bible as a whole.

As for the other translations, many of those you mention were translated from the earliest Greek and Latin Manuscripts avaiable and did not rely solely on the two Codex that you mention.

I have no problem using the KJV but keep in mind it was a translation that came into existence for political reasons and was influenced by the Doctrine of the Church of England of which James was the head. There have been many changes made in the KJV Bibles that are used today when compared to the original 1611. In fact, if you had the original 1611 translation, few people in the US today could even read it. It was written in Old English and even the typeface was different form what we use today.

The warning is at the end of the Revelation of Jesus Christ to the Apostle John and since the Bible as a "book" had not been assembled at the time, it is in error to try to say that particular verse applies to the Bible as a whole. As for the other translations, many of those you mention were translated from the earliest Greek and Latin Manuscripts avaiable and did not rely solely on the two Codex that you mention. I have no problem using the KJV but keep in mind it was a translation that came into existence for political reasons and was influenced by the Doctrine of the Church of England of which James was the head. There have been many changes made in the KJV Bibles that are used today when compared to the original 1611. In fact, if you had the original 1611 translation, few people in the US today could even read it. It was written in Old English and even the typeface was different form what we use today.

Deuteronomy 4:2 and Proverbs 30:6 also have similar language as the verse in Revelation. The Deuteronomy verse could be applied to just the Law (the five books of the Bible) like you said about Revelation. However, the Proverbs verse is a general command for the Scriptures. Either way, from the beginning, the middle and the end, God seems to have an issue with folks messing with his Word.

As for the "earliest Greek" manuscripts, this is one of those, "it doesn't matter how many times its repeated, it doesn't make it true" statements. When you read that statement "the earliest and most reliable manuscripts say..." They are speaking of Codex Vaticanus/Sinaiticus. These were 4th century documents translated by Eusebius at the behest of Emperor Constantine who was in the process of mixing Christianity and paganism. The only other mss (manuscripts) used are a few 8th century+ fragments that are similar to the above mentioned codices.

These were not the oldest or IMO most reliable. There are plenty of codices found in the early 100 ADs (Syriac Peshitta, Italic etc). Plus just from a scientific viewpoint, which would hold more weight: the 5250+ mss that agree with one another or the few hundred that have more than 15000 differences than the majority?

Plus, Eusebius, the author of these free radicals, was a disciple of Origen. He admitted to making changes to the Scriptures to give them a deeper or more spiritual understanding.

All new translations of the Bible (since 1881) are based off the Westcott-Hort Greek text. 99% of that text is based off Vaticanus and Sinaiticus. 90% off of Vaticanus alone. Vaticanus is different than the majority of mss in 7500 different places.

And yes the KJV has had 7 editions. The version we all have today is the 1769. Those changes were updates to the language and spelling. I have no problem with translations. As a language changes, updates are needed. But the KJV was written at time when the English language was at its apex. It was also the time when English most closely resembled Hebrew and Koine Greek, the language of the Bible. Also, the 50+ men that translated the KJV were scholars of many languages. These men could speak 5-10 languages fluently before age 18. By the time they wrote the KJV many spoke, or at least read, 30+ languages. There has never been, nor do I think there will ever be again, a group of scholars with the depth of knowledge in ancient languages to translate the Bible.

The translators were Anglicans and Puritans. Farther apart in their beliefs than most present day conservatives/liberals. Yet they put away their doctrinal differences to translate the KJV. In many cases going against established doctrines of their churches to be pure to the text. 6 groups were formed within the whole of the translators. Each group were given different pieces to translate. Once they were done, the translation was sent to the other 5 groups to get their insight and opinion.

As I said, I have no problem with translations. As long as they are based off of the correct manuscripts. In 1881, when the Westcott-Hort Greek text was published (which was done in secret btw with no oversight) it was heralded as a new translation. And it was. This was supposed to just be the 8th edition of the KJV. They were just supposed to update the language. Take out words we don't use anymore and the verbs ending in 'eth and the like. But they went a totally different direction. They used an aberrant catholic manuscript as the basis of their work. A work that was hidden from the world for over 1000 years.

Add to it the fact that these men did not believe in the fundamental doctrines of the faith ie. Creationism, heaven/hell, the blood atonement, the resurrection and the list could go on and on. For those reasons, I reject their work and choose to stick to what is tried and true, the KJV. :)

Deuteronomy 4:2 and Proverbs 30:6 also have similar language as the verse in Revelation. The Deuteronomy verse could be applied to just the Law (the five books of the Bible) like you said about Revelation. However, the Proverbs verse is a general command for the Scriptures. Either way, from the beginning, the middle and the end, God seems to have an issue with folks messing with his Word.

As for the "earliest Greek" manuscripts, this is one of those, "it doesn't matter how many times its repeated, it doesn't make it true" statements. When you read that statement "the earliest and most reliable manuscripts say..." They are speaking of Codex Vaticanus/Sinaiticus. These were 4th century documents translated by Eusebius at the behest of Emperor Constantine who was in the process of mixing Christianity and paganism. The only other mss (manuscripts) used are a few 8th century+ fragments that are similar to the above mentioned codices.

These were not the oldest or IMO most reliable. There are plenty of codices found in the early 100 ADs (Syriac Peshitta, Italic etc). Plus just from a scientific viewpoint, which would hold more weight: the 5250+ mss that agree with one another or the few hundred that have more than 15000 differences than the majority?

Plus, Eusebius, the author of these free radicals, was a disciple of Origen. He admitted to making changes to the Scriptures to give them a deeper or more spiritual understanding.

All new translations of the Bible (since 1881) are based off the Westcott-Hort Greek text. 99% of that text is based off Vaticanus and Sinaiticus. 90% off of Vaticanus alone. Vaticanus is different than the majority of mss in 7500 different places.

And yes the KJV has had 7 editions. The version we all have today is the 1769. Those changes were updates to the language and spelling. I have no problem with translations. As a language changes, updates are needed. But the KJV was written at time when the English language was at its apex. It was also the time when English most closely resembled Hebrew and Koine Greek, the language of the Bible. Also, the 50+ men that translated the KJV were scholars of many languages. These men could speak 5-10 languages fluently before age 18. By the time they wrote the KJV many spoke, or at least read, 30+ languages. There has never been, nor do I think there will ever be again, a group of scholars with the depth of knowledge in ancient languages to translate the Bible.

The translators were Anglicans and Puritans. Farther apart in their beliefs than most present day conservatives/liberals. Yet they put away their doctrinal differences to translate the KJV. In many cases going against established doctrines of their churches to be pure to the text. 6 groups were formed within the whole of the translators. Each group were given different pieces to translate. Once they were done, the translation was sent to the other 5 groups to get their insight and opinion.

As I said, I have no problem with translations. As long as they are based off of the correct manuscripts. In 1881, when the Westcott-Hort Greek text was published (which was done in secret btw with no oversight) it was heralded as a new translation. And it was. This was supposed to just be the 8th edition of the KJV. They were just supposed to update the language. Take out words we don't use anymore and the verbs ending in 'eth and the like. But they went a totally different direction. They used an aberrant catholic manuscript as the basis of their work. A work that was hidden from the world for over 1000 years.

Add to it the fact that these men did not believe in the fundamental doctrines of the faith ie. Creationism, heaven/hell, the blood atonement, the resurrection and the list could go on and on. For those reasons, I reject their work and choose to stick to what is tried and true, the KJV. :)

Damn; the dude just wanted to know whether to work on Good Friday or not. Amazing what happens to these threads.

Back