Allstate BS

Heres a couple allstate true stories:

One "producer" slammed--400 policies with NO RC on contents--200-300 multi-policy discounts that didn't belong---giving other discounts S.O.P at will over 4+ years----
Now mind you--this is an EXTREME example--But is IS THE allstate way--

My manager at the time--turned her into the NYSID for ONE email for giving a "windstorm protective device discount" that did not qualify--I was called into the NYSID Albany office to "explain"---My Manager--(SM) told me "they don't need to know anything else---this should be enough to 'hang her'"

Well--guess what--they slapped her on her hand--and she is seling --slamming--non-standard clients all day long---and I was the one--( actually--one of four who held the bag ) for an 'untouchable' allstate manger who--lied--manipulated--deceived---etc etc etc

----------

---2nd story--she did it over a 4 year period---and--I was the 4th agent to get her crap--after allshate management--(SM) decided to let her ride as their appointed agent only to let me hang on her crap business---and try to ruin her with one email on giving a discount that did not belong---unsuccessfully---and to coach me--"not to tell everything"---SOP--

This is only the tip of the Iceberg. In my county resides a retired Allstate Manager/on a fat disability pension. His arrangement with his agent, resulted in a leased Mercedes every four years. The little turd sits around gambling all day. Ethics my ash.
:no:

Last edited:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SO HAPPY TO HELP!!!

1.) That multi-policy discount will drop off within 30 days if they don't issue the auto..guaranteed.

2.) For Homeowner's Insurance Allstate runs the driving record & auto CLUE reports for the named insured's in addition to the home CLUE. Advise the insured that must happen before their rate is accurate w/ Allstate.

3.) With Allstate's system for new home purchases, it's commonly known among the agents that by using the new home address & no prior address...you can circumvent their system finding previous homeowner's claim. Advise the insured this is insurance fraud if they sign the application & a future claim could be denied. Maybe present that less abrasively & say they really need to have the agent confirm that in writing (if he says some B.S. excuse like they don't care about claims on previous primary homes.) Allstate rates claims on any primary home the insured has owned in the last 5 years.

4.) BIG ONE HERE!!! If they don't have the "roof surface extended endorsement" on that quote, they have ACV for roof losses. IN ADDITION EVEN IF THAT ENDORSEMENT IS PRESENT, THEY WILL ONLY OFFER REPLACEMENT COST COVERAGE FOR THE 1ST 10 YEARS OF THE ROOF'S LIFE. Then it reverts to ACV. It may be 15 years for metal roofs...

5.) Allstate is ACV for detached structures.

6.) Allstate homeowner's provides named peril for contents which obviously doesn't include ice damming (maybe you can endorse all risk?)

7.) Allstate sucks

8.) Allstate did just remove the sinkhole exclusion so everybody is getting that for free.

9.) Allstate did just remove their 2% named storm deductible

10.) Allstate SUCKS

I hope you eviscerate that Allstate quote. And if you see the "drive wise" discount on the auto they are giving 10% up front..however they need to plugin a monitoring device that after the 1st 6 months they will "re-evaluate" your driving habits and remove a portion of (if not all) that discount automatically

I agree sadly consumers don't realize how bad Allstate is for claims. Most companies look to cover losses and damage. Allstate finds ways not to cover damage. I work with Insurance adjusters every day. Sadly when a home owner tells me they have Allstate, I know no matter how bad their hail and wind damage is they will deny, deny, and lie! I had an adjuster (after much debating with the home-owner) finally break down and say "Allstate does not believe in hail and wind damage, if I approve your claim I would lose my job". Lucky or smart client had an umbrella policy with CHUBB, they approved the entire roof and interior damage for $26k without any hesitation!! If you have Allstate, switch!!

I was a roofing sales account manager before becoming an insurance agency producer. Allstate isn't the only company switching their policy holders from RCV to ACV after a certain roof age. Allstate is one of the worst when it comes to claims service. While they do low-ball their replacement prices, in general, they are much easier to work with than some other companies regarding price.

I agree sadly consumers don't realize how bad Allstate is for claims. Most companies look to cover losses and damage. Allstate finds ways not to cover damage. I work with Insurance adjusters every day. Sadly when a home owner tells me they have Allstate, I know no matter how bad their hail and wind damage is they will deny, deny, and lie! I had an adjuster (after much debating with the home-owner) finally break down and say "Allstate does not believe in hail and wind damage, if I approve your claim I would lose my job". Lucky or smart client had an umbrella policy with CHUBB, they approved the entire roof and interior damage for $26k without any hesitation!! If you have Allstate, switch!!

Since when did an umbrella cover property damage? And since when did Chubb offer a standalone umbrella? I call bs on this story.

Since when did an umbrella cover property damage? And since when did Chubb offer a standalone umbrella? I call bs on this story.
No B.S. CHUBB does offer umbrellas. I know this because I filed it, met with the CHUBB adjuster, worked on the new claim, installed the roof and got paid. Where the confusion may have come, and maybe I might not have gone into details 1). Allstate paid for the interior damage, after the deductible was a couple hundred dollars.
2). As I'm sure you know an umbrella is to cover what the first Insurance company didn't cover.
That is exactly what happened, it's a simple phone call, call CHUBB and ask. I will also say they had several homes, but I don't see how that changes CHUBB policies.
I speak my truth as I have seen it, documented.

No B.S. CHUBB does offer umbrellas. I know this because I filed it, met with the CHUBB adjuster, worked on the new claim, installed the roof and got paid. Where the confusion may have come, and maybe I might not have gone into details 1). Allstate paid for the interior damage, after the deductible was a couple hundred dollars.
2). As I'm sure you know an umbrella is to cover what the first Insurance company didn't cover.
That is exactly what happened, it's a simple phone call, call CHUBB and ask. I will also say they had several homes, but I don't see how that changes CHUBB policies.
I speak my truth as I have seen it, documented.

You're either illiterate or lying.

No B.S. CHUBB does offer umbrellas. I know this because I filed it, met with the CHUBB adjuster, worked on the new claim, installed the roof and got paid. Where the confusion may have come, and maybe I might not have gone into details 1). Allstate paid for the interior damage, after the deductible was a couple hundred dollars. 2). As I'm sure you know an umbrella is to cover what the first Insurance company didn't cover. That is exactly what happened, it's a simple phone call, call CHUBB and ask. I will also say they had several homes, but I don't see how that changes CHUBB policies. I speak my truth as I have seen it, documented.

No umbrella policy is ever going to cover a roof. An umbrella policy only covers liability to a 3rd party.

Let's be kind folks, he mistaken, for someone to truly lie they have to know what they're saying is not the truth no one can know what is in this man's mind

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

Is a policy either ACV or RCV... or can it be both?
How do you determine which is right for you? What is the approximate difference in annual premium between the two?

Back