Allstate BS

yeah im gonna see them tomorrow. they say they give you a $25k base plus commish working for an exsisting agency cross selling life and p/c to their book and obtaining new. I was checking to see if its worth that of if its a churn/burn situation

I thought you were going to own an agency and Allstate was paying you. So you are working for the agency not Allstate. I couldn't help you with this question. You have to ask yourself how Allstate rates are in that area. You can quote until your fingers bleed, if they aren't competitive it's going to be hard.

They offered $25k salary and a rolling 12 month tier on life commish starting at 55% then up to 75%max cross selling their book and new biz from p/c. He said $50k is doable, but I checked around and state farm and American family seem to be cheaper at least in the p/c side. I see they are recruiting heavily here in Wisconsin and other states for this same kind of program. just working for the agency as an agent, not owning it. I never knew these exsisted except for trying to own one like Farmes and American family does like their agent in training program

Along with what everyone else said, in most states Allstate provides a % deductible for wind/hail. If replacement cost is $2500, his roof deductible would be $2500-$5000. That's a great way to lower the premium and the insured would have no idea. Usually they offer a $1000 all peril and 1 or 2% wind/hail deductible.

Has anyone tried their new agent program yet? Just curious how its going.

I ha not, but I have worked as a producer at 3 different new agencies, and they all had varying levels of success (one has since closed) and it all seems to come down to the agent, their business plan as well as how they adhere to it, change it to adapt to changing needs, their business sense, how they treat their emotes, and their level if personal and financial commitment. Right now I am at an agency about to finish its first year and we are in the top 10%. You can do well with this company but there are tins of variables involved. In the end you get out of it what you put into it.

Based off my experience w/ Allstate I would advise any & everybody against becoming an agent or producer for an agency. I couldn't say enough bad things about that company, so it's sufficient to say they're the definition of anti agent.

The top 10% in anything will always "do well" so that's not a fair example.

Based off my experience w/ Allstate I would advise any & everybody against becoming an agent or producer for an agency. I couldn't say enough bad things about that company, so it's sufficient to say they're the definition of anti agent.

The top 10% in anything will always "do well" so that's not a fair example.

Agreed, if I was not at the office that I am at now, I would say run, very quickly. However, my point is that it IS possible to do well there as an agent. Allstate is a giant pain in the ass to do business with, their UW is getting more and more ridiculous, and their commercial side (I sell a good deal of commercial insurance) is a freaking joke, and I can't believe that could actually get worse than what it was, but it has. They offer a blue collar P & C product line and try to push White Collar financial products in the same customer base. However, if you are smart, have a good financial base, and know what to expect, it's possible to do well with them, not that it's what I would do.

Omg....17 years with them. It's not a place to make any money, unless you own the book. New agencies, I would pass. Dead end job with Allsnakes.:nah:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SO HAPPY TO HELP!!!

1.) That multi-policy discount will drop off within 30 days if they don't issue the auto..guaranteed.

2.) For Homeowner's Insurance Allstate runs the driving record & auto CLUE reports for the named insured's in addition to the home CLUE. Advise the insured that must happen before their rate is accurate w/ Allstate.

3.) With Allstate's system for new home purchases, it's commonly known among the agents that by using the new home address & no prior address...you can circumvent their system finding previous homeowner's claim. Advise the insured this is insurance fraud if they sign the application & a future claim could be denied. Maybe present that less abrasively & say they really need to have the agent confirm that in writing (if he says some B.S. excuse like they don't care about claims on previous primary homes.) Allstate rates claims on any primary home the insured has owned in the last 5 years.

4.) BIG ONE HERE!!! If they don't have the "roof surface extended endorsement" on that quote, they have ACV for roof losses. IN ADDITION EVEN IF THAT ENDORSEMENT IS PRESENT, THEY WILL ONLY OFFER REPLACEMENT COST COVERAGE FOR THE 1ST 10 YEARS OF THE ROOF'S LIFE. Then it reverts to ACV. It may be 15 years for metal roofs...

5.) Allstate is ACV for detached structures.

6.) Allstate homeowner's provides named peril for contents which obviously doesn't include ice damming (maybe you can endorse all risk?)

7.) Allstate sucks

8.) Allstate did just remove the sinkhole exclusion so everybody is getting that for free.

9.) Allstate did just remove their 2% named storm deductible

10.) Allstate SUCKS

I hope you eviscerate that Allstate quote. And if you see the "drive wise" discount on the auto they are giving 10% up front..however they need to plugin a monitoring device that after the 1st 6 months they will "re-evaluate" your driving habits and remove a portion of (if not all) that discount automatically

Couldn't agree more! Great post, they're sneaking those Allstate reps

Thank you all! a few times our agency has thought we had a customer locked in and they call last minute with an incredibly low Allstate quote. We were left wondering how they were beating us so bad. Now we have ammunition to plant doubt.

Back