Allstate BS

Is a policy either ACV or RCV... or can it be both?
How do you determine which is right for you? What is the approximate difference in annual premium between the two?

ACV is actual cash value. The other is RC Replacement cost. ACV has depreciation. RC is like,kind quality.

ACV is actual cash value. The other is RC Replacement cost. ACV has depreciation. RC is like,kind quality.

Right. I guess I worded my question wrong.

Can a policy have some items that are ACV and some that are RCV?
For instance, your personal belongings being ACV and say your house is RCV? Or vice versa?

I'm thinking no, but figured I'd ask. I don't do P&C, don't know much about it.

How would one determine which is the best for them? I looked at my Nationwide homeowners policy... all I see is ACV language.

Last edited:
Right. I guess I worded my question wrong.

Can a policy have some items that are ACV and some that are RCV?
For instance, your personal belongings being ACV and say your house is RCV? Or vice versa?

I'm thinking no, but figured I'd ask. I don't do P&C, don't know much about it.

How would one determine which is the best for them? I looked at my Nationwide homeowners policy... all I see is ACV language.

Yes. In Pennsylvania you can have RC on contents and ACV on house, or vise versa. some companies will only write ACV on some homes depending on age of home.

----------

Yes. In Pennsylvania you can have RC on contents and ACV on house, or vise versa. some companies will only write ACV on some homes depending on age of home.

What state are you in?

----------

What state are you in?

Virginia.

My house is almost 14yrs old, I built it new in 2001.

I know i'm going a bit off topic here but had a question. They are hiring here a lot for Allstate in Wisconsin for working for an exsisting agency selling p and c and life through their current book. giving salary and commish to approx. $50k. Any word how that program is working out? I thought about getting my p/c, but im not sure if im wasting my time now with all these Allsatte threads

yeah im gonna see them tomorrow. they say they give you a $25k base plus commish working for an exsisting agency cross selling life and p/c to their book and obtaining new. I was checking to see if its worth that of if its a churn/burn situation

Back