Any recent experience using NextGen Leads?

Update. Next Gen is at a stand still. My guy there reached out, haven't had one come in in days (60 mile radius). He just added a button with my name/number and automatic incoming call option, for a small fee of an additional $3.00 per call/premium listing. Why not, that's inexpensive. Still have $ to use up in there, but this campaign has been on a couple days. Not one yet. I will definitely take no or slow over junk fake leads though...not expecting much here, but maybe a few will trickle in.

I assure you your persistency will be hell on non face to face on dsnp/lis . Go to middle class and above if Tele sales

I assure you your persistency will be hell on non face to face on dsnp/lis . Go to middle class and above if Tele sales

100 Don. Luckily, in the county just above me (where my office is)there is ONE main dsnp that is green, but damn they canvas a ton on their own through the area. A few counties to the East, it's a GD mad wild wild west. There must be 5 good DSNPS--took me a few trips to see that, and realize "wtf, I didn't contract with that one, or that one" lol (not even gonna bother with it). yep, I am staying out of there.

In my county where I live, there are now TWO, one green and one purple. I am about to launch a smaller scale local Purple campaign that hasn't happened yet here that I can tell. ONLY doing it at a local food bank where there has only been one green one for a while, where theres some good traffic. I mean there are others, but they do not even compare... 3 hours appx a week is all I am committing to that.

I def do f2f. Going slow and keeping it at that. I may look young (haha) , but I am OLD school as hell when it comes to building relationships. Damn, that DSNP mkt is rough. One thing that keeps happening here too is there are a large number that fall into the gap of NOT QMB+, not quite DSNP eligible, spend down Medicaid here in MI. Weekly calls from the low end, "WHY cant I get the free food card??". Easy to persuade. A few are very needy as well. Usually just quick questions and quick answers though...so easy enough.

Now that I got through Tax season and fully caught up with my other business. I am def after the T65. Some decent things planned.

100 Don. Luckily, in the county just above me (where my office is)there is ONE main dsnp that is green, but damn they canvas a ton on their own through the area. A few counties to the East, it's a GD mad wild wild west. There must be 5 good DSNPS--took me a few trips to see that, and realize "wtf, I didn't contract with that one, or that one" lol (not even gonna bother with it). yep, I am staying out of there.

In my county where I live, there are now TWO, one green and one purple. I am about to launch a smaller scale local Purple campaign that hasn't happened yet here that I can tell. ONLY doing it at a local food bank where there has only been one green one for a while, where theres some good traffic. I mean there are others, but they do not even compare... 3 hours appx a week is all I am committing to that.

I def do f2f. Going slow and keeping it at that. I may look young (haha) , but I am OLD school as hell when it comes to building relationships. Damn, that DSNP mkt is rough. One thing that keeps happening here too is there are a large number that fall into the gap of NOT QMB+, not quite DSNP eligible, spend down Medicaid here in MI. Weekly calls from the low end, "WHY cant I get the free food card??". Easy to persuade. A few are very needy as well. Usually just quick questions and quick answers though...so easy enough.

Now that I got through Tax season and fully caught up with my other business. I am def after the T65. Some decent things planned.

Michigan is one on the best states for direct mail returns . Your fmo will cost share with you and so will the carriers . If your doing 15 a month plus during non aep you can get that mostly paid for . We all got to start somewhere and dsnp easiest . But to build a real sustainable business with loyalty you must do a good % of non super low income . Hell Medicare did an auto enrollment on a dsnp client and flipped them from a ppo to hmo with the same carrier . I saved it but it would have taken my commission away . It’s dirty business on low end .

Last edited:
Michigan is one on the best states for direct mail returns . Your fmo will cost share with you and so will the carriers . If your doing 15 a month plus during non aep you can get that mostly paid for . We all got to start somewhere and dsnp easiest . But to build a real sustainable business with loyalty you must do a good % of non super low income . Hell Medicare did an auto enrollment on a dsnp client and flipped them from a ppo to hmo with the same carrier . I saved it but it would have taken my commission away . It’s dirty business on low end .

Thanks Don for your feedback. You've been helpful. It's good reading your posts. Yep, my FMO does cost share. That has been nice. They were great in getting me up and running, as I didn't even think I'd be ready for AEP.

As for mailers in farmland territory, where I am at in Mi, out of the first 3000 (appx 2000 DSNP, 1000 T65), it was about 1.6% came back, more DSNP, just prior to AEP. The last 1000 ordered month ago, the return was .6%, and those included a duplicate from the first 3000, and two with no phone numbers, one without part B, and can't remember what the deal was with the few others. Not that great at all. Done with that too for now. The ROI was worth it in the first round but not after that. Best bet I think is some of the other ideas I gathered here and from FMO....referral partners with P n C, Financial Planners, VFWs, and toss in a food bank or two where they're not flooded.

I tried to buy more mailers in my area specifically for T65, just b4 the last generic batch of 1000, and was told none were available until August. Only thing I can think of is that those are all being bought up. So maybe Michigan is now becoming flooded. Didn't really make sense to me, but was what I was told.

Your running too Generic a piece . Its outside aep and oep now . If your going to run mapd it’s dsnp, lis or csnp . If not it med sup or t-65 . My friends in Indiana and gets 1.8% . Run a food card /$170.10 part b back on your check mailer and you’ll get at least 1.5-2%. Remember you just want the lead to an appt or get in the house them it’s up to you to close it . Knowing every product like the back of your hand important so you can exploit a crack with a better product . More dental , lower copay , ppo over and HMO.

Your fmo should have a free t-65 finder app . You can run any area or radius and it shows all turning 65 in 3-5 months . Door know them with the Medicare and You book . Tell them your the local rep and it takes about 5 mins to give you a quick overview .You can close some right then and some you might have to help do some things like apply for a and b .

Thanks everyone for your comments. I have decided to hold off of NextGen for now. They seem legit but I'm looking in to other options as well.

Your running too Generic a piece . Its outside aep and oep now . If your going to run mapd it’s dsnp, lis or csnp . If not it med sup or t-65 . My friends in Indiana and gets 1.8% . Run a food card /$170.10 part b back on your check mailer and you’ll get at least 1.5-2%. Remember you just want the lead to an appt or get in the house them it’s up to you to close it . Knowing every product like the back of your hand important so you can exploit a crack with a better product . More dental , lower copay , ppo over and HMO.

Your fmo should have a free t-65 finder app . You can run any area or radius and it shows all turning 65 in 3-5 months . Door know them with the Medicare and You book . Tell them your the local rep and it takes about 5 mins to give you a quick overview .You can close some right then and some you might have to help do some things like apply for a and b .

Thanks Don. I'm sure you're right on the "too generic".

I admit, I'll do just about anything, but I've only door knocked a few mailers that were nearby that didn't have phone numbers. Well, unless you count the days when my sister and I decided to try to sell vacuums. But even those I think we had some sort of lead to be there.

Maybe. I might get hungry enough to do some door knocking. I do have a list of all T65 in my area. The phone numbers are highly disconnected, and this might have to be a thing. At least the more local ones....Gawd, gas is obviously ridiculous, so theres that.

A little more to post on this since I am calling NextGen leads today. I still have money in account to use up.

My guy there texted me to add an "add on". Supposedly a button for the consumer to push with my name, phone number and a "connect now" button.

Ummm....so far that was a stupid addition as the leads that came with the additional charge/add-on, and NO different than the ones without it.

It's made out to sound like the consumer will click on the "connect now" and connect to you on your phone, but that's not what happens. At least not so far.

Just thought I would update. That's not even a mixed bag, Just junk.

One more post as I conclude the Next Gen Lead run. I am learning that Lock in period is tough for some of us, apparently even the guys at Next Gen. BC they get hungrier and hungrier as the dry period gets well underway. Dude went ahead and put some crappy add on in there, then just for kicks and giggles added a $35-$75 supposed lead option of exclusive incoming calls. No I didnt ask for that....and I kept that turned off.

It paid for itself, with a little extra for my effort. Felt ripped off in the end. Yes, I did get a few clients and from my own due diligence, some referrals. It was only ok, for a new person, such as I am....I did glean some new clients from it and it helped in a minor way after AEP, but NFW (no f'n way) will I do any more biz with this company.

I know with 100 percent certainty, some of the ones that came in this week were completely fake and fabricated somehow. I keep calling until I reach them and the only thing that makes sense is that many of these are simply recycled, shit on a shingle, fake old, none exclusive leads, plopped into the account. Both the Medicare recipient and the agent punked.

Happy that most the money that went in the service was from marketing dollars given to me, bummer that I could have used it more wisely...

Last edited:
Back