Anyone know United Insurance Brokers? FE and Med Supp by Phone

"Hi Totter, my name is Shamrock Shake from Timbuktu and I would like to sell you a product you can't touch, on paper work that you won't read or understand from a company you've never heard of over the phone so you can't see me and by the way I'm not a scammer but I will need you to give me your name, address, DOB, Social Security #, and the account and routing number of your bank."

That just leave me feeling funny. Just me I'm sure but something about it just sounds strange. I won't be doing telesales anytime soon. :no:
I was very afraid of the phone before I saw it done as well. It's really the same exact thing as F2F except you're over the phone. You can build just as much credibility over the phone as you can F2F.

Proof? All the major players in FE sell it over the phone in their own call centers. Mutual of Omaha, Colonial Penn, MassMutual, Globe Life, AARP (NYL)..... the list goes on and on...

Last edited:
I've been telesales for several years. Just my $.02, but it's not for everyone. Your going to be leaving a ton of messages and literally on the phone for nearly the full day.

There are "work at home" groups out there which is fine, but as someone said...look into how they pay you (flat hourly, Hourly + bonus, Commish only). Personally I like the Hourly + bonus structure because you will have bad days or weeks.

Do they have a physical call center? If so, visit it. Check out reviews on Glassdoor and similar sites (yes, you're going to have upset employee's but it's worth reading). Personally I like working in a center than at home because you do have human contact in a center.

A good center will supply leads for you at no cost, generally these leads are obtained via the internet.

I was very afraid of the phone before I saw it done as well. It's really the same exact thing as F2F except you're over the phone. You can build just as much credibility over the phone as you can F2F.

Proof? All the major players in FE sell it over the phone in their own call centers. Mutual of Omaha, Colonial Penn, MassMutual, Globe Life, AARP (NYL)..... the list goes on and on...

I understand your point, but (depending on your take) +75% of communication is non-verbal...

phone sales has its problems including poor persistency,

If you subtract the folks that stopped paying their premiums because they died, I have 97% persistency. Never occurred to me that would be considered poor.

I would like to sell you a product you can't touch, on paper work that you won't read or understand from a company you've never heard of over the phone

Stock brokers (legitimate ones), P&C guys and a bunch of other industries do this every day. Guess they must be doing it wrong.

If not for the funny commercials I never would have known about American Family

75% of communication is non-verbal...

True, but phone sales forces you to listen to the person on the other end of the phone vs trying to catch a glimpse down her blouse. You learn to choose your words carefully. Paint word pictures.

And I no longer put 70,000 miles on my car every year.

This group is owned by indiana260, but based on their website they work with North Star someway somehow.

PPG uses all our systems, leads, scripts, training, and process, but is not on our captive model. We partnered with PPG after we saw how successful they were running a call center.

Anyone that wants to be an indy agent in FE telesales, PPG is the best their is. All the major carriers and the best leads.

Who can beat a warm transfer for $12.50? There are some selling one Facebook lead for that cost.

Back