Anyone Making A Living Coldcalling?

Make 26 dials this afternoon, talked to about 15 owners and made 2 appointments. Maybe it's what you're saying.

Frank might be selling his software, but you can almost always take his advice to the bank.

Nothing like starting things off with a lie. If someone is willing to lie about something so little, what are they going to do when its important? I agree, you should sound like you are calling to help, but why resort to lying?

Woe to someone who would sell his integrity and credibility for such a small price.

In all fairness it's entirely possible that whoever that the last person he talked did tell him to go talk to someone else. Not that I agree with it, but some of the richest folks I know in this business are also the most dishonest and biggest thieves.

some of the richest folks I know in this business are also the most dishonest and biggest thieves.

There are different ways of measuring wealth.

Like you, I have met, and even worked with (back when I had a "real" job) folks that would lie to their mother to make a sale. But I also met a bunch of people along the way that managed to make a very comfortable living with integrity and without hype.

I can't make a living with small group cold calling me.

I've found small group to be the biggest time waster for me and I don't even offer it. If anyone enjoys this market and is making money, my hat is off to them.

I detest the whole process of quoting, waiting, hearing nothing back, getting a phone call two months later that they want to do an individual plan on a key employee and they are dissolving their current group.

Of course, you can make a living off of them and I do have a few, but I would have to be in it full time and I'd rather have my teeth pulled.

If you don't have a passion for what you are doing it is just another job. I made good money for years in large group (100 - 3000 lives) but eventually that market changed dramatically for me and I lost interest. My focus now is working with individuals and entrepreneurs offering mostly individual major med and, when it fits, small group.

All of my small group plans have one or more uninsurable key employees or dependents. These groups don't pay that well but they stay on the books for years with very little service. I would love to write a dozen or so small groups every year but so far that has not happened.

Latest posts

Back