Anyone working with Ideal Concepts for Medicare sales?

I'm plenty used to the AEP chaos from my last few years (I'm newish but not brand new) so I know what to expect. I've been in the game about 3 years now and I'm looking to get out of the cubicle life and either go independent or find a good commission situation. I played around with going independent last year and couldn't find a reliable marketing source. It's the key to being free in this field.

I'm plenty used to the AEP chaos from my last few years (I'm newish but not brand new) so I know what to expect. I've been in the game about 3 years now and I'm looking to get out of the cubicle life and either go independent or find a good commission situation. I played around with going independent last year and couldn't find a reliable marketing source. It's the key to being free in this field.

I bet they would love to hear from you. With your experience, they'd be lucky to have you. I've had a great experience through the interview process and they're even giving me until the 29th of this month to make a decision. They have been nothing but flexible and accommodating. I have only positive things to say about what I've experienced so far. If you think it sounds like a good fit I personally would urge you to reach out. It certainly sounds like a win-win.

Hey Scott, I have a lot of love for you brother but be careful saying things like this because new agents read these posts. If a company is providing you with leads, and a system that can make you money (Assurance,Selectquote,Ideal Concepts,etc) there is nothing wrong with assigning commission to them if their taking all the risk. Being an producer and a business person are what separates people in this industry.

I usually give a few examples of situations where assigning commissions make sense when posting that. Like a SWEET gig in a bank or a funeral home where you have access to customers that you would never meet on your own. But MOSTLY assigning commissions is a real bad deal. If you are employee minded you might be a good fit for those type of set ups. But if you are independent minded at all you should always avoid it.

Caveat, not an agent.

These two portions of your post strike me as inconsistent.

Hey Scott, I have a lot of love for you brother but be careful saying things like this because new agents read these posts. If a company is providing you with leads, and a system that can make you money (Assurance,Selectquote,Ideal Concepts,etc) there is nothing wrong with assigning commission to them if their taking all the risk.

Being an producer and a business person are what separates people in this industry.

Newby's post below:

I usually give a few examples of situations where assigning commissions make sense when posting that. Like a SWEET gig in a bank or a funeral home where you have access to customers that you would never meet on your own. But MOSTLY assigning commissions is a real bad deal. If you are employee minded you might be a good fit for those type of set ups. But if you are independent minded at all you should always avoid it.

seems to me to speak directly to recurring compensation issues raised by insurance producers and business persons in threads on this forum.

(And the following is just my personal opinion, but I think it belittles a sales person of any kind to imply that they take no risk in any sales situation.)

Hey Scott, I have a lot of love for you brother but be careful saying things like this because new agents read these posts. If a company is providing you with leads, and a system that can make you money (Assurance,Selectquote,Ideal Concepts,etc) there is nothing wrong with assigning commission to them if their taking all the risk. Being an producer and a business person are what separates people in this industry.

You are correct! If someone wants a "JOB" then assign away!!

Todd, I'm glad you chimed in. For someone new to the industry, would you recommend going indy right off or get some training on the "JOB"? TIA

It depends. I have not read all of your posts yet, but seems like you have no problem running your business, acquiring clients, and managing money....so they only things left is just education on the products.

To put it straight....I'm thinking you have what it takes to be independent right off the bat.

Back