Anyone working with Ideal Concepts for Medicare sales?

Give us more info. What state are you in? Do you want to sell by phone or in person. Any background in sales? Teaching? Working directly with the public?

Thanks for asking for more information. I have a background in sales. I worked for a travel agency as an independent contractor in Costa Rica for a few years after which I moved to the United States and opened my own agency. Everything was going great until covid-19. I do not foresee the travel industry rebounding in the next few years and I don't have time to wait it out financially. I am looking for my last career and I'm praying insurance is it. I look for three things when considering a career. Helping others, working from home and independently, and making money off my efforts. I am a workaholic. I am fine meeting people in person, but 95% of my business has been transacted over the phone. I used to practice law- the oil and gas industry, but when that went south I found my niche in selling travel. If I can make money by helping people, I don't feel like it's work.

I reside in Texas. I'm comfortable making presentations to large groups of people. Newby, to be frank, there's very little that I can't do. My intention is not to sound arrogant, but given my track record, my work ethic enables me to succeed. It also doesn't hurt that I'm a fairly sharp gal

I hope the above information is sufficient to give you a broad picture of who I am. If not, feel free to shoot over more questions. I'll be happy to provide more information.

Thank you for taking the time to help someone new to the industry.

InsurancePimp, thank you! If you don't mind a follow-up question, did your friends feel it was a good training opportunity? IC claim they will release appointments immediately if I leave, so that's a big plus for me. If the training is there, and the money isn't too shabby, would your friends recommend?

InsurancePimp, thank you! If you don't mind a follow-up question, did your friends feel it was a good training opportunity? IC claim they will release appointments immediately if I leave, so that's a big plus for me. If the training is there, and the money isn't too shabby, would your friends recommend?

both of them make their money there, livable, but I don't know too much about it to say its a good place or not. they do give you leads. Like in any place, there are ppl making tons of money in these places.

1. Don't own your book of business 2. No renewals- that goes to the company

The first of these two would cause me to walk. You don't do all the work, and then allow anyone, I mean anyone, even the company you put them with to own your clients. :realmad:

Your clients have potential often that goes well beyond the first sale. They are a seed the can produce great results if you tend your garden properly... and that means you plant them in your garden, not some else's.:no:

Good call! :yes:

The first of these two would cause me to walk. You don't do all the work, and then allow anyone, I mean anyone, even the company you put them with to own your clients. :realmad:

I would never argue that point! That is something I truly want to avoid. Being new to the industry I'm just concerned I won't get the training, or simply someone to direct me to the resources to learn, that I need to be successful.

I certainly appreciate your conviction. It helps put things in perspective.

I would never argue that point! That is something I truly want to avoid. Being new to the industry I'm just concerned I won't get the training, or simply someone to direct me to the resources to learn, that I need to be successful.

I certainly appreciate your conviction. It helps put things in perspective.

Seek to understand and learn... no be sold!

Not everyone wants to be self-employed. @JillB may want to be and maybe you would walk but your second statement doesn't make sense for everyone.

There are people who work for NorthStar and SelectQuote (and a lot of other companies like that) who make more money than 95% of this forum.

Not everyone wants to be self-employed. @JillB may want to be and maybe you would walk but your second statement doesn't make sense for everyone.

There are people who work for NorthStar and SelectQuote (and a lot of other companies like that) who make more money than 95% of this forum.

Ray, I think we can all agree with your statement, however, in my particular case, I've never worked for a company. I've always been independent but insurance is new to me so I'm reaching out for advice. SelectQuote happens to be one of the companies that made me an offer, I'm just not sure how I feel about working for any entity that reaps most of the benefits of my labor. They do seem to have quite the setup. I would not knock them in the least, I'm just not sure it's a good fit for me personally. Different strokes for different folks

No one should EVER assign commissions. But that’s even more important with Medicare than life insurance because it’s renewal based. The big money is in the renewals.
Hey Scott, I have a lot of love for you brother but be careful saying things like this because new agents read these posts. If a company is providing you with leads, and a system that can make you money (Assurance,Selectquote,Ideal Concepts,etc) there is nothing wrong with assigning commission to them if their taking all the risk. Being an producer and a business person are what separates people in this industry.

Back