Anyone working with Ideal Concepts for Medicare sales?

Ray, I think we can all agree with your statement, however, in my particular case, I've never worked for a company. I've always been independent but insurance is new to me so I'm reaching out for advice. SelectQuote happens to be one of the companies that made me an offer, I'm just not sure how I feel about working for any entity that reaps most of the benefits of my labor. They do seem to have quite the setup. I would not knock them in the least, I'm just not sure it's a good fit for me personally. Different strokes for different folks
If SelectQuote is one of your options, you should certainly consider it. They reap the benefits of your labor but also absorb all of the costs of your activity and mistakes.

They've been around for 30+ years and just went public. There are a few agents floating around here who were trained by them and THEN went independent.

Training and leads have value too. That's the trade-off.

EDIT: Let me just add that actually selling insurance is the easiest part of this business. Finding high-intent buyers (leads) is 90% of the battle.

Ray, I think we can all agree with your statement, however, in my particular case, I've never worked for a company. I've always been independent but insurance is new to me so I'm reaching out for advice. SelectQuote happens to be one of the companies that made me an offer, I'm just not sure how I feel about working for any entity that reaps most of the benefits of my labor. They do seem to have quite the setup. I would not knock them in the least, I'm just not sure it's a good fit for me personally. Different strokes for different folks
There not reaping the benefits of your labor, they have a proven system, they have the marketing, they can teach you how to do this business effectively before you go out and blow your own money trying to figure out what works for you. Leads are the lifeline of any lines of insurance you will waste so much time and money just trying to find what leads actually work.

If SelectQuote is one of your options, you should certainly consider it. They reap the benefits of your labor but also absorb all of the costs of your activity and mistakes.

They've been around for 30+ years and just went public. There are a few agents floating around here who were trained by them and THEN went independent.

Ray, that's been my greatest struggle in making a decision - getting the training or remaining independent and the risk false completely on me. However, taking on all the risk is not unfamiliar territory for me. The issue I'm having is they will appoint me to 30 or more carriers and will not release me for 6 months. I do not want to be out of work for 6 months if/when I leave them. Additionally, this is for Medicare sales and I'm not 100% sure that would be the right gig for me.

EDIT: Let me just add that actually selling insurance is the easiest part of this business. Finding high-intent buyers (leads) is 90% of the battle.
Especially selling over the phone.

Ray, that's been my greatest struggle in making a decision - getting the training or remaining independent and the risk false completely on me. However, taking on all the risk is not unfamiliar territory for me. The issue I'm having is they will appoint me to 30 or more carriers and will not release me for 6 months. I do not want to be out of work for 6 months if/when I leave them. Additionally, this is for Medicare sales and I'm not 100% sure that would be the right gig for me.
No one is going to train you and give you free leads and let you walk.

Realistically, you could just sell another line of insurance (life, FE, etc.) for 6 months and then move back to Medicare.

No one is going to train you and give you free leads and let you walk.

Realistically, you could just sell another line of insurance (life, FE, etc.) for 6 months and then move back to Medicare.

That's a valid point. I was under the impression once I was appointed with a carrier it did not matter what product I was selling - whether it be life, final expense, Medicare, etc., I was going to be precluded from using those carriers. That is not the case? And if that's not the case this is going to make my decision a lot easier!

That's a valid point. I was under the impression once I was appointed with a carrier it did not matter what product I was selling - whether it be life, final expense, Medicare, etc., I was going to be precluded from using those carriers. That is not the case? And if that's not the case this is going to make my decision a lot easier!

With most companies the life and Medicare are tied together. But what Tahoe means is you could sell other life companies. Many of the best life companies don’t have Medicare products at all.

With most companies the life and Medicare are tied together. But what Tahoe means is you could sell other life companies. Many of the best life companies don’t have Medicare products at all.

Thank you. That makes me feel so much better. This forum and you all are a godsend!!!

I'm interested after reading some of the details.

I'm still new to this industry but I can tell you from talking to various companies last year that's a good setup. Clearly the company has to make something off your services or there would be no point in hiring you. If they're willing to provide live leads or true internet leads that's more than reasonable. As someone else said generating your leads is the hardest part, if they provide that to you that's taking an enormous cost and risk off your plate. Even with a 20-30% close rate daily you could make 20K or more during AEP.

I don't see why any entrepreneur would think that's a bad setup or unfair.

I'm interested after reading some of the details.

I'm still new to this industry but I can tell you from talking to various companies last year that's a good setup. Clearly the company has to make something off your services or there would be no point in hiring you. If they're willing to provide live leads or true internet leads that's more than reasonable. As someone else said generating your leads is the hardest part, if they provide that to you that's taking an enormous cost and risk off your plate. Even with a 20-30% close rate daily you could make 20K or more during AEP.

I don't see why any entrepreneur would think that's a bad setup or unfair.

Hey 90, I don't think anyone is saying it is a bad deal necessarily, it's just not for everyone. They're still interviewing so drop an application. Few make it through AEP bc you'll be expected to work 12 and 14 hour days. I'm used to that. The kicker is the lower % on comm you earn during that timeframe. A recruiter and then the hiring sales manager will explain if you push the subject. Keep me posted and good luck!!!

Back