Approaching Potential Prospects

The agency I'm interviewing with is Farm Bureau Financial Services. The agent did give me some tips and examples. But, I wanted to try and get a few more pointers from other professionals, as well. This forum seems to have a lot of knowledgeable people.

I was able to get three prospects yesterday. Still need at least a couple more before Tuesday. STI....I love the business card idea! My only concern is that I think the agent is wanting me to practice meeting new people, carrying on a conversation, and finding a way to obtain their information. I have a feeling he'll quiz me on how the interactions went, and it might not look well if I just come back with a handful of business cards. I will definitely use the biz card idea in the future, though!

Thanks again to everyone for the replies!

well give the 5 and the cards.....the business is a way of meeting new people also.....what you can do is ask him if they have a flyer you can drop off when you pick up the cards.....so when you call back in a week to speak to the owner you have something to talk about..." Hey I dropped of a flyer on a new program to help business owners like yourself.....did you see it....no.....you probably filed it in the circular file.....hahahaha"...then lead into the product you want to talk to him about....or ask him if he is happy with his current health insurance......

I was able to get three prospects yesterday. Still need at least a couple more before Tuesday. STI....I love the business card idea! My only concern is that I think the agent is wanting me to practice meeting new people, carrying on a conversation, and finding a way to obtain their information. I have a feeling he'll quiz me on how the interactions went, and it might not look well if I just come back with a handful of business cards. I will definitely use the biz card idea in the future, though!

Thanks again to everyone for the replies!

Totes, relax, be assertive tell him you know or will learn to cold call show him the list or cards whichever, then sit back and ask what he has to offer you in the way of training, you need to be interviewing him and his agency as well. Braves 16 Cubs 5 top of the 9th!

Latest posts

Back