Are You Jealous or Honest?

When you hear stories about agents making big $$ because they're willing to lie their butts off, does it make you angry because of your sense of ethics, or because you don't have the guts to do the same thing?

For me, I think that it's because I'm a nerd at heart and just can't do it, but I have to laugh at the stories that I hear from my clients. I had a gentleman today that was so loaded up with policies that he didn't realize he'd taken out. He said that it was his fault that he didn't check his bank statement frequently.

Some of these agents will have them sign up for a supp, hospital policy, life, any other type of supplemental health that is available at their current age, and collect a commission until the people realize they don't want it, or in the best case, just keep paying.

In almost every case, they tell me that they tried to call the agent to cancel, but couldn't get him on the phone.

I really am honest and do not like to see people mislead or sold junk. The success of others doesn't make me green with envy.

I've never focused on how much money I make no matter the profession, I'm married so... yeah, I just try to get a round of golf in here and there and try not think about where all our money goes. I enjoy work, I enjoy helping people, I enjoy finding a need and filling it. It drives me nuts to watch people try to manufacture a need by running their mouth. It just makes me want to punch it.

Back