Asking to See Medications.

That's what I also do but lately I've run into multiple cases were the insured took a drug a few yrs ago and no longer takes it and forgot to tell me and with a non pos company gets declined. Had a lady declined with trans who took a dementia medication 3 yrs ago and no longer takes it .

No transition required. I just naturally ask like any other question..

1. "What regularly prescribed medications are you currently taking?"

1a. "What other medications have you taken with or without a prescription in the past five years?"

----------

That's what I also do but lately I've run into multiple cases were the insured took a drug a few yrs ago and no longer takes it and forgot to tell me and with a non pos company gets declined. Had a lady declined with trans who took a dementia medication 3 yrs ago and no longer takes it .

This is why meds are actually a two part question. Of course some will slip their memory and we will get bit by a script check.

I always ask about drugs they've taken and are no longer taking in the past 5 yrs but unfortunately few can remember that

I think some guys here over think the room. I get meds way before I quote anything.

'Mildred, how's your health?'
"Pretty good."
"Are you taking anything for your cholesterol or blood pressure?"
"Of course."
"What are you taking?"
"Lisonoporole or something"
"Tell you what can you go grab that for me, so I can look at the bottle"
"Sure"
Now, while Mildred is walking to the other room, "while you're in there, just go ahead and grab all the meds that you're taking so I don't have to make you get up again"

As my 6 year old says...easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

I think some guys here over think the room. I get meds way before I quote anything.

'Mildred, how's your health?'
"Pretty good."
"Are you taking anything for your cholesterol or blood pressure?"
"Of course."
"What are you taking?"
"Lisonoporole or something"
"Tell you what can you go grab that for me, so I can look at the bottle"
"Sure"
Now, while Mildred is walking to the other room, "while you're in there, just go ahead and grab all the meds that you're taking so I don't have to make you get up again"

As my 6 year old says...easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

That's pretty much what I do. I learned a long time ago to ask about meds first.

I will ask a general statement, "how's your health?" Then, "what meds do you take everyday?". Gets it out of the way and also tells me which company to steer them to.

That's pretty much what I do. I learned a long time ago to ask about meds first. I will ask a general statement, "how's your health?" Then, "what meds do you take everyday?". Gets it out of the way and also tells me which company to steer them to.

Exactly. I'm not recommending a company til I see some bottles

Exactly. I'm not recommending a company til I see some bottles

I agree, you have to see the meds before you recommend a company or quote. Every company has different KO meds and it can alert you to a condition that could make a difference. Bring out that box of 12 meds.

Back