Asking to See Medications.

How do you guys like to transition into their medications?

As everyone else said Just ask. Whether phone sale or f2f it is very early in the conversion. I also give them a short explanation of mib and Rx check. I do not want them to "forget" about a med or a decline. I always ask what meds they have taken in the last five years, not if they take anything. Also when was the last time they were in the hospital. I may also ask if a company were to ask for medical records what would they find?

With all the financial and medical questions I ask on a fu applications asking Rx questions is easy. Not like asking their income or if they have ever had the clap. SIWL applications are cake.

I think some guys here over think the room. I get meds way before I quote anything.

'Mildred, how's your health?'
"Pretty good."
"Are you taking anything for your cholesterol or blood pressure?"
"Of course."
"What are you taking?"
"Lisonoporole or something"
"Tell you what can you go grab that for me, so I can look at the bottle"
"Sure"
Now, while Mildred is walking to the other room, "while you're in there, just go ahead and grab all the meds that you're taking so I don't have to make you get up again"

As my 6 year old says...easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

Unless its a dead beat you know is gonna CB:D In Gooners own words at a sit, "Grab your meds now" :D:D

----------

Hey Martha, can you grab all your prescribed meds for me? In the back of my mind I hear Steve saying "GGGRRREEEEEAAATTTT"

Unless its a dead beat you know is gonna CB:D In Gooners own words at a sit, "Grab your meds now" :D:D ---------- Hey Martha, can you grab all your prescribed meds for me? In the back of my mind I hear Steve saying "GGGRRREEEEEAAATTTT"

That appt solidified my SNL graded selection. Anything under 30/mo goes to Gerber..anything above is worth my time writing down meds.

Do you guys always ask for meds? I'm new to FE . Had four trans apps approved last week. Never asked for meds.

It helps not only make sure you place them with the right company, it also makes you look more like a professional.

4 apps approved is a tiny tiny tiny sampling.
I'm only a few months in and I've run into those situations where they say no to the health questions, then low and behold, SURPRISE....there's a med for CHF or neuropathy.

Knowing the meds helps in a big way. Makes it look like you've been doing this for years when you now what meds are for. Ask to see their meds every visit and within a couple weeks, you'll be saying things like, "are you taking Metformin for your diabetes, or insulin?"

Besides all that, nothing is more frustrating than submitting an app then having to run through loops to clarify medicine questions or to have the policy declined due to medication when in fact it was prescribed for different reasons.

Case in point, had one just the other day. He was prescribed a med for swelling feet. The same med is used for CHF. The client was 100% sure he was never diagnosed with CHF. I was able to call underwriting and explain. They were cool with it as long as I made note on app. Now this is an app where the prescription he was taking was specifically listed as a part of a knock out question (UH).

If I didn't look at his meds, I'd look like a fool to the client later when the app was declined or if I had to chase down more information from him.

Do you guys always ask for meds? I'm new to FE . Had four trans apps approved last week. Never asked for meds.

Yes. Definitely ask for meds. I don't know how many people say they're healthy, but it ends up they're taking meds for something major.

Trans is one of the most lenient company on meds, so you may have gotten lucky.

Plus asking for meds and being able to tell the prospect what they're used for helps build trust and credibility.

After you fill out the application?

My first half of my presentation is just a big pre-qualification routine to accurately figure out if my suspect is really a prospect.

In a nutshell, I pre-qualify my suspect in the following order:

1) Why?
2) Three Reasons
3) What do you want your policy to do for you?
4) Health Questions (asking about prescriptions is a subset of this, asked AFTER I ask them the health questions).
5) Bank?
6) Budget?

Only after I ask those questions and get affirmative answers will I actually "pitch" the client.

To answer your question, I ask to review the medications AFTER I ask the health questions.

Back