Assurance, Ideal Concepts, Select Quote

Maple

Hello! I'm a new-ish agent that has struggled getting started an the independent route. I've been reading the forum and I know there are many threads on these companies and they are generally not well thought of on here...but for a variety of reasons I think their set up is the way to go for me, for now. I've talked to all three and am making a decision. Why question is, which of these three would you go with, and why? Most of the discussion on them is a few years old, things change - hopefully improve...Has one improved as an opportunity for agents in the past few years? Thank you for your input

Good morning!

I have been interviewing with Ideal Concepts recently and wonder if you went ahead with them and how it is going so far? They appeal to me for many reasons:

- Free leads
- Not as cult-y appearing as some other companies
- Remote work
- Recruiter told me after the 4 weeks of training I could create my own flexible schedule
- Recruiter told me that I would be released within 48 hours of asking
- Recruiter told me I could see other insurance types without an issue

Is all this true? Have I been misled at all? I am strongly considering signing with them and am curious how it is going for other new agents?

Free leads means always lower compensation when you sell. All your other questions, you ask someone who has been there 1 year and also 5 years or more and find some one who is ex-agent. Those 3 should give you an idea. Dont talk to 3 recruiters from the same company

Good morning!

I have been interviewing with Ideal Concepts recently and wonder if you went ahead with them and how it is going so far? They appeal to me for many reasons:

- Free leads
- Not as cult-y appearing as some other companies
- Remote work
- Recruiter told me after the 4 weeks of training I could create my own flexible schedule
- Recruiter told me that I would be released within 48 hours of asking
- Recruiter told me I could see other insurance types without an issue

Is all this true? Have I been misled at all? I am strongly considering signing with them and am curious how it is going for other new agents?

Did you go with IC? Already been there, and left. For U65, you are pushed to only offer them one option, usually the cheapest monthly payment so you can add on ancillary product and keep the payment doable. Some leads are "targeted leads" and there is only one insurance company that you can sell on those calls regardless of what else is actually available in their area. You are not to discuss multiple plan options or the merits of bronze, silver, gold, etc. Leads are free and you do have a flexible schedule after 4 weeks, must sell a minimum # of health plans and ancillary product.

Back