Final Wish Planners and membership planning comparable or better than Legacy Assurance

Thanks for zero help, please go to another forum and stay broke

Just do not have time for trolls these days; I want an actual answer…
You must be very young. Why else would you be so reactionary? @Newby & @Todd King have both been in the business much longer than you, possibly longer than you’ve been breathing! Blowing up rather than asking questions sort of makes you the troll here.

What they’re trying to tell you is those programs don’t really do anything that a family can’t do on their own. (And yes, WalMart is an option!) Legacy Assurance is pushed by your company as a value add that supposedly aids retention. Maybe it does, but it also makes a high priced policy even more expensive as far as the client is concerned. When another agent comes by (and they do!) with a significantly lower price, that LA plan isn’t going to amount to a hill of beans on their decision to switch.

Having said that, if you like LA, according to David Duford’s article on SL (posted below), you can actually still enroll people even if you’re writing for other companies.

Senior Life Insurance Company Agent Career Review - Duford Insurance Group

Last edited:
Yup, still doesn’t answer my question…I’ve been in the industry for over 3 years and have never once sold “programs” such as this but I did for a few weeks at once in my career. Saying Walmart is a slap in the face because it brings no value; final expense agents who sell only insurance have higher chargebacks and have a harder time getting referrals…regardless legacy insurance is less gimmicky than the BS I see out there on a day to day basis. Todd do you have any real value to bring or are you going to cry because you’re mad at others going the extra mile? Otherwise run away too
:twitchy:

Thanks for zero help, please go to another forum and stay broke
I really hope you are able to examine what exactly is causing you so much trouble and stress that you’d decide to ask a question, get a good opening response and then lash out like this.

I pray for your peace and joy - there is no need to personally attack someone who is being helpful. … I’ve made similar mistakes in the past, so I’m not saying I’m perfect … but consider your approach and heart for a moment before you respond to this or any other forum members.

Now that raises interesting questions. Do Costco stores keep caskets in stock and can a person load one up in their pickup, take it to the mortician and say "plant dad in this one?"

It seems like it could be a challenge for someone to coordinate a bunch of funeral subcontractors or services with the pressure of an actual dead body "in the shop" somewhere in the background.
They don't.

However, you can purchase them from places like this and they generally ship within 24-48 hours. Additionally, the funeral homes must receive the caskets and can't mark them up.

They don't.

However, you can purchase them from places like this and they generally ship within 24-48 hours. Additionally, the funeral homes must receive the caskets and can't mark them up.
The not so great part about that is you really can't run the obit with times of services until those caskets show up. Because 24 to 48 hours really means 2 to 5 days.

The next funeral home that has to charge extra because they have to delay the funeral until further notice because the discount casket did not arrive when it was supposed to won't be the last.
Can you imagine how fun it is to be the employee working the door as friends and family took off work and got all dressed up and show up and you have to tell them " I know the paper said today but there was an issue and funeral is delayed until the casket shows up. Maybe tomorrow."

Anyone can build caskets cheap. It's the getting them where they are needed within 24 hours on time, every time that is the hard part.

The not so great part about that is you really can't run the obit with times of services until those caskets show up. Because 24 to 48 hours really means 2 to 5 days.

The next funeral home that has to charge extra because they have to delay the funeral until further notice because the discount casket did not arrive when it was supposed to won't be the last.
Can you imagine how fun it is to be the employee working the door as friends and family took off work and got all dressed up and show up and you have to tell them " I know the paper said today but there was an issue and funeral is delayed until the casket shows up. Maybe tomorrow."

Anyone can build caskets cheap. It's the getting them where they are needed within 24 hours on time, every time that is the hard part.
In Dallas, there’s a business called “The Casket Store” that offers lower cost funeral merchandise. Their website says “immediate delivery”. I don’t know anybody who’s actually used them, although I’ve mentioned them to people who had an underinsured loved one pass away. But since they apparently have a local inventory, I suppose they might be faster than Costco or some other low cost options.
Dallas Casket Store

Hi Guys, I’ve been working for a company with high prices and attached you can get them a legacy assurance plan. Is there any product out there similar or better than Legacy Assurance? I do like the things they offer, should I continue to enroll them in that membership program or can you guys offer good advice on other companies that are similar. Thanks!

There is no value to the Legacy Assurance, but yes, others will provide the same non value for less.

You're obviously with SL but their daddy, LH, offers a similar piece of junk, the FCGS. Also designed to compensate for their outrageous pricing.

You do know the company can cancel the LA at anytime? It's not guaranteed even if it did anything.

In Dallas, there’s a business called “The Casket Store” that offers lower cost funeral merchandise. Their website says “immediate delivery”. I don’t know anybody who’s actually used them, although I’ve mentioned them to people who had an underinsured loved one pass away. But since they apparently have a local inventory, I suppose they might be faster than Costco or some other low cost options.
Dallas Casket Store
Yes if they are local and carry them in stock and just selling in the local area It’s no problem.

Maybe I should’ve not been so reactionary, so I do apologize to anyone just seeing this…

Also, Maybe I should have asked the following…”What should I do for my client outside of final expense that is going above and beyond for them(like setting them up for wills and maybe final wishes etc) that isn’t a gimmick”

Again, my sincere apologies to ALL

Back