ATT Cancels Retiree Health Plan

Anyone else see Aon updated the FAQ on the 12th and too the questions regarding shopping outside the exchange?? (read it on my phone so might have missed it..)

Nevermind question 7

Last edited:
Can I meet with a Benefits Advisor face-to-face?
The Aon Retiree Health Exchange only offers over-the-phone appointments, providing you one-on-one support from a Benefits Advisor in an environment where you feel most comfortable, such as your home. Not only is this a practical approach to serving such a large, disperse retiree population, it also provides a more controlled environment in which to monitor appointments for quality and CMS compliance requirements to protect your interests. If you have a unique situation, please let us know when you confirm your appointment and we will do our best to accommodate.

Mumbo Jumbo... " in an environment where you feel most comfortable, such as your home." ... "controlled environments to protect your interests." ... "for quality and CMS compliance requirements to protect your interests." :D:D:D

Why do I get the feeling that they are not ready for prime time? :err:

The ATT retirees I have talked to seem less than impressed with the information and advice they are getting from Aon reps.

Not one bit surprising ........

The ATT retirees I have talked to seem less than impressed with the information and advice they are getting from Aon reps.

Not one bit surprising ........

Just took an app for another ATT retiree today because of this exact reason. The Aon reps he talked with had him gentleman completely confused. Not only that but the plan I offered is about $400 a year cheaper... I'll take these deals all day long!

Confused that AT&T makes no mention about freezing their medical contribution amount at $8,500 in 1989, when 1989 retirees got free medical for life, while those not taking the offer had company contributios frozen at $8,500. This did not include Medicare Part B reimbursent frozen at $45/mo or company dental contributions. It appears that AT&T Has reduced it's reimbursement for medical from $8,500 plus Medicare Part B frozen at $45/month to an HRA stipend of $2,700 employee & $1,500 spouse in an HRA with Zero compensation for vision or dental. Seems like retirees should at least be given Truth about the changes? Also, the AON literature is incorrect regarding online enrollment as the limited AON choices are extremely limited.

Don't understand why AON publication stpulates you can choose medigap at AON online when they know they can't post most of the choices available through an AON agent or independently?

----------

Don't understand how AT&T came up with an HRA amount of $2700 employee, $1500 spouse. The AT&T medical contribution was frozen in 1989 by AT&T at $8500, plus $45/mo for part B reimbursement?

----------

Don't understand why AT&T does not mention they have cancelled the dental benefit without any compensation to the HRA?

I have talked with a few AT&T retirees this week also. It is crazy the stories I have been hearing. Complete run around by the AON reps.

Also, ran a zip code through AON's quote engine. They Showed plans M, K, A (why would they bother) and the Plan F they showed was one of the most expensive in that market.

One more reason to use an independent agent.

Why doesn't AT&T just simply tell their retirees we are going to give you ______ amount of money to go towards the purchase of a Medicare Health Plan and Medicare Prescription Drug Plan without having to go through AON? Let their retirees choose what they want without having to go through a middle man.

Why doesn't AT&T just simply tell their retirees we are going to give you ______ amount of money to go towards the purchase of a Medicare Health Plan and Medicare Prescription Drug Plan without having to go through AON? Let their retirees choose what they want without having to go through a middle man.

Perhaps to foster the illusion that you are being shepherded through the process by a benevolent force? A deal with the gov't? Either way - or whever the truth lies -- it's a raw deal for retirees. It seems universal that contact with Aon is only on their terms, and their representatives are as green as Kermit the Frog.

Back