Bankers Life

I just left there, I would say that you may want to go to thier website(BLN pre-agent) or (BSPN for agents) for some training & maybe learn the phones a bit. I went as far as I could go with them but I agree with the old leads comments made above. The leads they give you at first, you can tell, have been contacted many times and are sick and tired of being called, is it a good way to train? I dunno enough about it yet to say it is or is not. I am now looking on this site for more info. on where I may go next, stick around and ask some questions & make some notes.:skeptical:

Its pretty simple if you ask me. Before I left (great American, not bankers) I started getting contracted with other companies. When they were in place, I quit and did it on my own.
Why would you go to another captive agency? You've been trained, you can do it by yourself and make twice as much

The reprehensible tactics and approaches shown in the Inside Edition video could be an anomaly within this company, with regard to endorsed sales training strategies presentations, from different groups within the company. Maybe...

However, it begs the question of who is overseeing their training programs? Wouldn't one think that the management...even middle management...of a one-hundred year old company would require that the sales training presenters provide a syllabus, outlining their training plans?

Obviously it raises many questions for someone considering them for employment and unless you have other reasons to feel extremely positive about any company suspected of employing questionable practices, it would certainly seem to me that there are other more viable options for someone to consider at present.

Rather then contracting with Bankers or some other captive agency you could mentor under another producer. I did this about 7 years ago and it was win win. The producer was the #1 producer in the country with my FMO and I told him I would put all of my contracts under him in exchange for the mentoring relationship. He wanted to help me for the override and I got training and didnt have to give up much commission for the lessons. But you really have to find the right person for this to work. Alot more to this but just an idea that worked for me. That said I have mentored under 4 people in the last 10 years and only the first one was really mutually beneficial.

I would stay away from Bankers and not look back at your decision. If you were a high producer and finally realized all of their (managers) unethical tactics and you finally leave, they will still try to ruin your reputation 2 years after you have been gone because you are succeeding without them..

I have never been contracted with Bankers Life, but my first gig as an insurance agent was with a couple of former BL agents that started their own Great American agency and from the various forums I have read here about BL and my experience with these two, I would say run. Run fast. Run far. If you happen to run into any GA guys, keep running. That's just my experience, though.

If you are wanting to get into the insurance business, find an independent agent in your area that will take you in. Expect lower than street comps, but at least you will get some of the better training.

BL and GA agencies are in the business of finding new agents, running them through the ringer with junk leads, leading them on making them think that if you just hang on a few more months, you will start to really get into the money. What ends up happening more often than not is the new agent ends up broke and moves on losing any business drummed up. Those commissions stay with BL and GA, the newbie gets a swift kick in the fourth point of contact. BL and GA really don't give a donkey about your success, they have new agents lined up to continue the scam.

I might be a little biased after getting burned and someone here can stand up for them. I wouldn't sit around waiting, though.

You sound like you could have been in Charlotte nc. If we are talking about the same two.

We had this guy from bankers Life come by where I used to sell cars, about every 3 weeks or so trying to convince us to join his team.

In fact, we saw him doing the same thing at other dealerships. So we just labeled him a lot lizard and put him on ignore.

Not saying there not a good outfit, but they sure do like car salesman! :D

Anyone hear of Combined Insurance? just curious..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wow, just watched that video, made me sick to my stomach.

maybe someone will do the same to them when there old and alone! :mad:

Last edited:
Bankers Life Class Action News Conference 04/04/2013 Portland OR on Vimeo Here's a video for those tired of reading the complaints about Bankers Life. Just the latest on those all too familiar denied claims.
Any new agent who can't understand the issues associated with this company, 'taking the training' until they see something unethical, couldn't 'find anything negative online', is either incredibly naïve or a Bankers operative showing us that there is nothing going on over there, hoping to influence even more newbies to give it a try.
Does the new guy think that having been out on one call that he's going to see 'something' in a house with no money. Let him plow though a few more thousand 'dials' and get out there, with his 'nice' manager, write a few split deals that he won't understand r/t suitability, get disillusioned, quit, start paying back that split money, and he will figure it out, if in fact, he is a real newbie.
Meanwhile, the claims denial and agent puppymill continues.

Should he succeed, he will have shown a propensity for the mandated business model of intentional ignorance of the truth about Bankers Life that mortifies the insurance industry.

Just saying.

Latest posts

Back