Bankers Life

Too bad this is not a "national class action" suit. I have a client here in N.C. whose wife died recently. She needed skilled care for the last year of her life. Bankers did to her what they did in this video. Deny, deny delay.etc. She paid on her policy for 10 years and got nothing. I spoke to him(husband) today and told him about the lawsuit in Oregon. Don't know if he could join the oregon class action or not but I doubt it.

Bankers Life Class Action News Conference 04/04/2013 Portland OR on Vimeo Here's a video for those tired of reading the complaints about Bankers Life. Just the latest on those all too familiar denied claims.
Any new agent who can't understand the issues associated with this company, 'taking the training' until they see something unethical, couldn't 'find anything negative online', is either incredibly naïve or a Bankers operative showing us that there is nothing going on over there, hoping to influence even more newbies to give it a try.
Does the new guy think that having been out on one call that he's going to see 'something' in a house with no money. Let him plow though a few more thousand 'dials' and get out there, with his 'nice' manager, write a few split deals that he won't understand r/t suitability, get disillusioned, quit, start paying back that split money, and he will figure it out, if in fact, he is a real newbie.
Meanwhile, the claims denial and agent puppymill continues.

Should he succeed, he will have shown a propensity for the mandated business model of intentional ignorance of the truth about Bankers Life that mortifies the insurance industry.

Just saying.

Thanks for posting that video. Bankers is one of a few companies out there that continue to giv the whole industry a black eye

Bankers Life Class Action News Conference 04/04/2013 Portland OR on Vimeo Here's a video for those tired of reading the complaints about Bankers Life. Just the latest on those all too familiar denied claims.
Any new agent who can't understand the issues associated with this company, 'taking the training' until they see something unethical, couldn't 'find anything negative online', is either incredibly naïve or a Bankers operative showing us that there is nothing going on over there, hoping to influence even more newbies to give it a try.
Does the new guy think that having been out on one call that he's going to see 'something' in a house with no money. Let him plow though a few more thousand 'dials' and get out there, with his 'nice' manager, write a few split deals that he won't understand r/t suitability, get disillusioned, quit, start paying back that split money, and he will figure it out, if in fact, he is a real newbie.

Should he succeed, he will have shown a propensity for the mandated business model of intentional ignorance of the truth about Bankers Life that mortifies the insurance industry.

Just saying.

an oldie but a goddie.........

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of years ago i met someone from Bankers. They were the pushiest recruiter I'd ever met. They went from selling me the product to recruiting me to insulting me.

To be honest, it is that kind of thing that has me hesitant to get back in to insurance.

A couple of years ago i met someone from Bankers. They were the pushiest recruiter I'd ever met. They went from selling me the product to recruiting me to insulting me.

To be honest, it is that kind of thing that has me hesitant to get back in to insurance.

That has nothing to do with selling insurance and everything with Bankers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just saying.

New agents tend to always believe the recruiting pitch over the truth from someone who has no skin in the game.

Last edited:
I've had a few beers with a Banker's trainer here locally. Friend of a friend type thing. He's done well and tells me that you have to buy into the system. XX number of calls results in X number of appointments which means x number of sales.

It seems he is in the minority of Banker's people that are decent. That said, he's a good guy pushing a not so great product full well knowing there are better options for his clients.

I have been unsuccessful at obtaining his client list.

That has nothing to do with selling insurance and everything with Bankers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That is true. I just get very apprehensive about it. I think I've found a good one. Time will tell...

legit company that has the name on nba pacers arena.

may be hard to survive depending on lead support. expect lots of door knocking for med supps t65, prospects denying about requesting info, and i guess the leads are not the freshest.

they have a formal training system that last 4.5 days. expect to hit the ground running. most agents survived by selling friends and family. focus on the t65.

i'm just now realizing this industry is not good as it should be. find a good selling book (ziglar on selling), and a mentor that will show you how to prospect based on your personality.

if you haven't made least $1k first month, and you notice the doubt in too many of your colleagues eyes' while they drop like flies. keep looking for the greener side.

:skeptical:

legit company that has the name on nba pacers arena.

may be hard to survive depending on lead support. expect lots of door knocking for med supps t65, prospects denying about requesting info, and i guess the leads are not the freshest.

they have a formal training system that last 4.5 days. expect to hit the ground running. most agents survived by selling friends and family. focus on the t65.

i'm just now realizing this industry is not good as it should be. find a good selling book (ziglar on selling), and a mentor that will show you how to prospect based on your personality.

if you haven't made least $1k first month, and you notice the doubt in too many of your colleagues eyes' while they drop like flies. keep looking for the greener side.

:skeptical:

The Orlando magic have their arena sponsored by Amway and I don't think that gives them any credibility to me.

Back