BCBS-IL Misc Info for 2018.

I hope Trump agrees to continue the CSR payments - maybe that will cause downward rate adjustments, we'll see

Absent that, there will still be a ton of sign ups for ACA plans - people really need medical care - will have to put up with it

I'm sure another ton will take STM's

Hardly anyone cares abt the penalty - a lot will go naked

I've got a big book of Indiv - they're counting on me - which I take very seriously

I could retire any time, but I love the helping others part. They get it...

I tried to place a case with SHOP a few yrs ago. Was such a pain we went direct - are still on the books. It never worked, no loss.

Now I'm worried about Universal. Am hoping to get 10 more yrs in b4 retiring... may have to rethink doing what!? Medicare stuff pays so little, LTC takes forever, Life is rarely really needed, Annuities also rarely etc etc...

The BCBS gang brushed SHOP aside at the 2018 roll-out meeting. Was less that 1% of that block

PS: Not much news. A few less plans, prices TBD. No change in networks was relieving. Some Rx changes... & HMO has its own Rx network

Be sure to tell your people that dental doesn't roll over - they have to reapply for it to keep it every year

No changes to GF & GM'rd plans

They're partnering with ALFLAC for accident, cancer etc - have to get contracted

Thank-you for that update Steven2244. I go to my BCBS-IL MGA 2018 seminar this coming Friday.

Hopefully BCBS-IL commissions won't be reduced again.

With Ded's & OPX's going thru the roof, splitting up families into single person apps to avoid those from multiplying seems best for the client. Thoughts?

RE: BCBSIL U65 rules
Does anyone know how many days/months it takes for a member that cancels to be considered a 'new case' when reapplying - either for an SEP or during OE?
-Some people cancel for Oct 31 to not pay either: the last 2 month prem or the last of the penalties (2018)
-Others want to cancel for Sept 30 and take 3 months of STM until 1/1 to save $

As a sidebar, I've been told the brokers get 'new case' 1st year comms. Is that right?

Thanks

Back