BCBSIL Dual Elgible????

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
I asked my GA if BCBSIL has a Dual Elible plan but they don't deal Med Advantage products. THen I called BCBS the Idiots didn't know. I don't see it in the apps or the the products I order.

But I found on their website Blue Cross Community MMAI it states " is a health plan for seniors and persons with disabilities who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid." So I called today after being transfered around by 8 people. The lady said it wasn't availible but a hour later she emailed me and it is availible and pays the Med Advantage schedule.

I have a feeling it's going to be a bitch getting a hold of her tomorrow. Does anybody know if she is correct agents can sell it?

I asked my GA if BCBSIL has a Dual Elible plan but they don't deal Med Advantage products. THen I called BCBS the Idiots didn't know. I don't see it in the apps or the the products I order.

But I found on their website Blue Cross Community MMAI it states " is a health plan for seniors and persons with disabilities who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid." So I called today after being transfered around by 8 people. The lady said it wasn't availible but a hour later she emailed me and it is availible and pays the Med Advantage schedule.

I have a feeling it's going to be a bitch getting a hold of her tomorrow. Does anybody know if she is correct agents can sell it?

MMA is not MA and agents are not used for MMA enrollment.In states with the MMA medicaid reform plans the state auto enrolls DE in MMA plans if they don't choose one

My experience here in Illinois is that the State enrolls Full Benefit dual eligibles into the MMAI (Medicare Medicaid Alignment Initiative) program. Just this past January, I had an enrollee in Humana Gold Plus who became MMAI eligible when she lost her part time job. I had to hand her over to a group at BCBSIL who does MMAI enrollments exclusively (she also could have called the State to enroll). The enrollee wanted Blue as her insulin had a very favorable price point compared to Humana's MMAI plan. There is no opportunity for agents in the MMAI market (especially since HealthSpring was sanctioned).

Back