Best Products to Sell to Build Passive Income After Establishing Book of Business

MindfulAction

Pretty much the title. What are some of the best insurance products to sell that allow for the best opportunity to make a lot of passive income. I have read that Medicare Advantage is a great one for passive income. What are some other ones and how would you rank them? Thanks in advance!

One more question: what are some good combinations of insurance products that allow for high first year commission and also allow for passive income with the opportunity to cross sell? For instance, I think a good combination would be medicare advantage and final expense. Any other good combos?

Final expense (first-year commission product) cross-selling into Medicare Advantage (lifetime renewal income product).

Here's how Adam did it starting with final expense, then moving to Medicare Advantage, writing 1,000 MA's last year:

You're best bet is to actually target the product that will build the passive income stream that you're looking for. Sell Med Supps and MA Plans and THEN cross-sell FE.

If you do it from the FE side you're pretty much limiting yourself to MA plans. Limiting yourself is not the way to do it.

I don't know of a single agent that has sold FE and cross-sold anything that would build any kind of real passive income. Just won't work that way.

You could also do Disability Income to Term.

I bounce myself between Medicare and Disability as to the product I want to sell. I love Medicare, but during election years it can be a little bit scary.

Disability is a more difficulty product to sell than Medicare, but it's a product everyone needs. Furthermore, the competition is lower. You're also building a future clientele for Medicare (provided it's around as it is now when they retire.)

I agree leading with FE isn't a great option for residual.

PS: Renewal income isn't exactly passive. However, you want to build a book that pays income, which I understand.

Back