Best Value Policy Out There???/

I was going by memory when I stated the things that kick people out of premier with UHL. The only thing that I saw that was a little bit inaccurate was the disability income. On the app it says 6 months. I think I stated 3 years.

These people tend to stay SSI once they are deemed qualified. The majority of people I deal with when selling FE, which is all I sell, are on permanent SS disability income. Then when you throw in the convicted felons or people without a drivers license, or even the people who can't work and don't receive SSI. I would easily guess 75% or more will not qualify for Premier.

Lead wise, all I have ever worked are TM and DM leads. I get leads all the time that are convicted felons. I wrote one on a convicted felon 3 weeks ago. Since then I have written his fiancé and three kids as well.

In my experience when dealing with UHL, I always quoted deluxe, not premier. It's a no brainer to give them better numbers than what you quoted on the rare occasion that someone actually qualified for premier; than to have to bump them because they don't qualify for premier.

And lets face the facts here. If your even considering sending them to UHL in the first place; they are not normally your straight arrow type clientele.

----------

Five or 6 years ago, when I actually wrote UHL from time to time, during a PHI I had a guy hang up on them because they were badgering him because he couldn't remember when he had last seen a DR.

FTR, I just called their phone number on the application 1-800-428-3001. I hit number 2 to talk about an existing policy. It took 17 minutes and 37 seconds to speak with a live person.

That's NOT what I call "Great" service

Last edited:
What is their niche?

Low prices and a first-to-die policy.

I didn't think you were fond of them, Todd.

----------

But Willie Nelson says you can't find happiness on the road, you have to take it with you.:twitchy:

Once I heard someone change "makin' music with my friends" to "makin' money with my friends" while leaving everything else the same. It sounded just like Willie said it that way. Makin' money makes the road happier.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is interesting. What would the premium on a $30,000 first to die policy on a pair of NT 65 year olds be?

How is the underwritting?

I'm not appointed with them but I went to Fexquotes to look at their info (in the policy guide) and did the quote. Looks like it would be 173.69 per month. One thing that made me laugh was that it lists the rate per thousand for male, female and joint and shows each for smoker and non-smoker. So if they smoke it shows as "joint smoker". That could be taken another way...

Todd could make more comments about the underwriting, etc.

The disability question says "if 65 or younger."

Their niche is 69 to 79 price wise And The disability question is irrelevant and they don't even ask it during the phone interview.

----------

I work in PA and New Jersey and I'm not going to write a carrier that I can't write in both states that's just asking for a headache.

The disability question says "if 65 or younger."

Their niche is 69 to 79 price wise And The disability question is irrelevant and they don't even ask it during the phone interview.

----------

I work in PA and New Jersey and I'm not going to write a carrier that I can't write in both states that's just asking for a headache.

They most definitely ask it if under age 65.

As to NFL's posts, I can't figure out who he is talking about. That isn't UHL. They stick to the script and unless it is offered other than applied for and the box wasn't checked, I have never seen an amendment from them. Now, I don't care for their hours, closing at 4:30 Eastern sucks.

I have also found that their underwriting generally isn't knock out on meds. They will look at a doctor's letter when the medication is being used off-label. They also finally offer Wednesday billing, since they don't do cards, not sure if that counts as "True SS" billing.

UHL has plenty of warts, but they definitely have their uses at times.

Low prices and a first-to-die policy.

I didn't think you were fond of them, Todd.

We've had LifeShield for a few years now. I wasn't all that enthused about them but then I took a 2nd look. I'm still not sure about the joint policy and it's real place in the insurance world, but I do like their prices on the individual product.

That is interesting. What would the premium on a $30,000 first to die policy on a pair of NT 65 year olds be?

How is the underwritting?

Exprogrammer's quote is correct to the penny.

Back