Boston man pretended brother was still alive, opened life insurance policies for him, in attempt to

DHK said:

Oh, you're a man hater. I understand now. You've got a hair-trigger and you were DEEPLY affected by my little post and assumed more than what I wrote.

I'm certainly not a "man hater", but I think you're arrogant and possibly a control freak. Why don't you start your own forum and decide who can post what YOU like?

Arrogant, confident, bold, challenging... eh... take your pick.

I simply asked a question about why you were posting negative articles about life insurance. I suppose I should've been specific about NEWS articles INVOLVING life insurance, but *I* thought I was clear enough.

You took it to assume that I was attacking owning life insurance - which was not what I wrote. And now you seem to be unhinged.

Those are the facts in this thread. I didn't mean to cause you to be offended... but I cannot choose how you respond to my posts when I simply asked a question.

I have him on "ignore" now, just like others do when they get offended by someone.

Well, some others, not all. DHK has offended me in the past, and I have disagreed with him. He does have valuable information to provide and lots of experience, so I have not allowed my emotions to rule, and have kept reading his post and learned from him. One of his posts specifically I have studied extensively that has helped my business.

I pissed Daytimer off a while back. Instead of putting me on ignore, he and I have continued to communicate, and as much as it pained him (:tongue:) he complimented me a while back on one of my posts about referrals.

Reactions: DHK
It only took ONE sentence for this all to go to crap. Usually it takes me longer than that.

I'd normally say that on the way to success, you collect a bunch of haters... but we didn't even talk about philosophy. I just asked a question that wasn't related to philosophy - only asking why @Northeast Agent kept posting negative articles in the news (which may not have been clear) and then *I* was attacked.

If I wanted to post negative stories about not owning life insurance Mr. Smarty Pants, there's a whole world of depressing Go Fund Me ones to post.

So, we'll all just let the court of public opinion rule on this one. lol.

DKH set me off and I have 0 tolerance for what I think are uncalled for comments.

It wasn't a comment - it was a question.

And it's not like we've been "round and round" on stuff before. I checked your posting history, and we've BARELY ever interacted with each other before.

So, you can be quick to be offended if you want. I'm convinced that it wasn't a problem that I started, but the way one interpreted it - and I am not responsible for your assumptions.

Last edited:
but the way one interpreted it - and I am not responsible for your assumptions

He can go pound sand.[/QUOTE]

that sounds condescending as if pounding sand isn't a worthy profession. Some of my greatest mentors were sand pounders. I have family ancestry going back hundreds of years and there were many sand pounders.

Are you bigoted toward ethnic groups from the Middle east? Otherwise, why would you make such a potentially hateful & racist comment?

See, everyone can take a simple comment/question out of context

Last edited:
I made the assumption when she posted for you to pound sand that she thinks y

that sounds condescending as if pounding sand isn't a worthy profession. Some of my greatest mentors were sand pounders. I have family ancestry going back hundreds of years and there were many sand pounders.

Are you bigoted toward ethnic groups from the Middle east. Otherwise, why would you make such a potentially hateful & racist comment?

See, everyone cant take a simple comment/question out of context

Allen, that was one of the funnies things I have ever read. I actually started laughing out load and teared up a little.

And I thought the troll was on Ignore... someone must've tipped him off to logout or something.

"Ignore" means that you can't see my posts in your default view. But you can click "Show Ignored Content" and read anything that the ignored poster has written.

This isn't like Facebook where you can outright block someone and pretend they never exist again.

Why do you post only the negative articles about life insurance?

To be fair, I don't think she thought this a negative article about life insurance at all. I didn't see it as negative about life insurance. I do think she thought that some of us, being insurance agents, might find this case interesting. I did, didn't you?

Mr. Smarty Pants
@DHK, you gotta admit, she sure has you pegged ;)

DKH set me off

I love the both of you and it pains me to see you two at odds with one another as much as it pains me to gaze upon Mark's immense head and his tiny, tiny hand.

FWIW, I sure don't see your post as "negative" toward life insurance, and I think it was quite appropriate for you to share it here. I also don't think DHK was trying to start with you because you're a woman. More than likely this is all the result of him being a smarty pants. And quite possibly because he resents the fact that you are so far out of his league.

I wouldn't ever tell either one of you what to do. But I do love and respect the both of you and sure wish we could find a way to have peace break out between the two of you.

Back