Brand New Agent!

If you can't get an appointment with a prospective client, then you have failed before you even start.

Brochures don't sell financial solutions. Agents & advisors do.

Possible solution: I would offer to go on an appointment with an experienced agent with one of THEIR clients/prospects. You offer this for no compensation to you whatsoever. You just want to see how they work.

However, if you offer this, you must also offer the following guarantee: You will not open your mouth to speak about things that you "think" you know... nor will you embarrass the agent you are with. You will listen attentively and ask questions only AFTER the prospect/client has left (or you have left their home).

You might start by purchasing some of these products yourself. I bet if you are putting your hard earned dollars into them you will want to know what they mean and do. Find a mentor. Every 8 seconds someone is retiring. Guarantee there is an old life guy that would love to talk shop and share his experience. You could borrow his stories and carry them through your career until you get some of your own.

Thanks for the great suggestion re: finding a retired agent. We have SCORE here and I'll check with them next week! Not sure what you are referring to i.e. "You might start by purchasing some of these products yourself. I bet if you are putting your hard earned dollars into them you will want to know what they mean and do."

Finding a retired agent at "SCORE" is probably slim at best. I've found that SCORE has a lot of retired CPAs, attorneys and other professionals who can offer their advice for free. One of the requirements for being a SCORE member is that you cannot personally benefit from helping others. You can only refer them to other professionals to implement the advice given.

If you want to network with experienced agents... you need to attend a NAIFA meeting.

Find your State and Local Association | NAIFA

Possible solution: I would offer to go on an appointment with an experienced agent with one of THEIR clients/prospects. You offer this for no compensation to you whatsoever.
No compensation to you? Why would they even take you on an appointment to see THEIR client/prospect, much less share compensation?
If you want to network with experienced agents... you need to attend a NAIFA meeting.
Most NAIFA chapters are filled with nitwits and morons. The only reason to attend would be to figure out what not to do.

Finding a retired agent at "SCORE" is probably slim at best. I've found that SCORE has a lot of retired CPAs, attorneys and other professionals who can offer their advice for free. One of the requirements for being a SCORE member is that you cannot personally benefit from helping others. You can only refer them to other professionals to implement the advice given. If you want to network with experienced agents... you need to attend a NAIFA meeting. Find your State and Local Association | NAIFA
NAIFA is a place to start.

Once again, Moonlight offers his jaded view of humanity.

Point #1: In order to GET, you have to ASK. There is no harm in asking to attend another agent's client meeting. The agent can always say no. But they might say yes. What you have to do is remove the risk of bringing you with them.

Point #2: Sometimes our view of the world is just a reflection of ourselves.

Back