Building a Medicare Book Without Prospecting

Since June I have invested less than $500 on PPC and written 71 Medigap apps. I know 71 may not sound like a lot to many agents but every day I am getting closer to replacing projected lost U65 commissions (which have been steadily declining).

Thats awesome work Bob.

Since June I have invested less than $500 on PPC and written 71 Medigap apps. I know 71 may not sound like a lot to many agents but every day I am getting closer to replacing projected lost U65 commissions (which have been steadily declining).

Outstanding Somarco! 71 Supps is really terrific.

Honest advice given on your website incites the need to call. Then, your knowledge sets up the win. Really great. Congrats!

Sleep well knowing that you are doing the right thing for folks, and have integrity in your process.

Somarco gets it. :idea:

To OP- Please let us know how you do 1 year from now. I think the OP's expectations are completely unrealistic-pie in the sky. He wants the book of business, without doing the hard work to build it. Wouldn't that be nice!? Advice to OP: This is a prospecting business. Pure and simple. Prospect hard and smart. Put the time and effort in and in a few years your book will be start to be respectable (and the referrals will flow as well.)

I was just reviewing this thread (which I started last year) and the answer is that I've added 55 new Medicare clients in the past year. 36 of them were added by the end of the last AEP so the rest have been generated this year. I only did two DM drops this year, about 3K in total (for a variety of reasons), the rest are from referrals or current clients aging into Medicare.

What I haven't done is chase leads, it just isn't something I want (or need) to do.

With AEP coming up in a couple of months I won't be doing any DM for the time being but may start a monthly mailing for T65s for February, 2017. I averaged 1 Medicare enrollment for every 400 DM pieces (they call me, no cards to return), the cost of each piece is about 60 cents so I have a positive return in the first year.

Last edited:
I was just reviewing this thread (which I started last year) and the answer is that I've added 55 new Medicare clients in the past year. 36 of them were added by the end of the last AEP so the rest have been generated this year. I only did two DM drops this year, about 3K in total (for a variety of reasons), the rest are from referrals or current clients aging into Medicare.

What I haven't done is chase leads, it just isn't something I want (or need) to do.

With AEP coming up in a couple of months I won't be doing any DM for the time being but may start a monthly mailing for T65s for February, 2017. I averaged 1 Medicare enrollment for every 400 DM pieces (they call me, no cards to return), the cost of each piece is about 60 cents so I have a positive return in the first year.

Nice...are these mostly MAPD clients or Med Supp clients?

On your mailer, is your call to action strictly your phone number, or do you also include your website url and email address?

Now is the post card or the letter?

Do you target only T65 or do you think the would work 65 Plus for plan changes?

On your mailer, is your call to action strictly your phone number, or do you also include your website url and email address?

Just my phone number...

----------

Now is the post card or the letter?

Do you target only T65 or do you think the would work 65 Plus for plan changes?

The DM is only to T65s, I doubt it would work in Florida for plan changes because UHC/AARP and Florida Blue have both the lowest rates and highest market share for Med Supps plus MAPD penetration is pretty high in most areas statewide.

It might work in other states where the lowest rates are companies with lesser market share and where the MAPD penetration is much lower.

Just my phone number...

----------

The DM is only to T65s, I doubt it would work in Florida for plan changes because UHC/AARP and Florida Blue have both the lowest rates and highest market share for Med Supps plus MAPD penetration is pretty high in most areas statewide.

It might work in other states where the lowest rates are companies with lesser market share and where the MAPD penetration is much lower.

I am mainly thinking in NC SC,IL IN & TX, Do you sell over the phone ever or only F2F

I am mainly thinking in NC SC,IL IN & TX, Do you sell over the phone ever or only F2F

I do both and have done both for this DM program but don't market in multiple states.

If I were working this full time I would certainly consider it but am comfortable adding the 40-50 new Medicare clients per year and can do that through limited DM and referrals from current clients, that's more than enough to support my financial needs since I have a solid book of business already in place.

Back