Buying Leads

How accurate do you think the 20% is?

Reason I'm asking is that I provide life leads to some agents and do splits with them and while most claim a 20% closing ratio, realistically speaking their closing ratios are closer to the 10-15% range...that 5-10% difference if accurate is a lot of cases each year. we pick up a few % points throughout the year with drip marketing, etc....maybe i need some new agents???

Salesmen never inflate their numbers. Never. :D

Reason I'm asking is that I provide life leads to some agents and do splits with them and while most claim a 20% closing ratio, realistically speaking their closing ratios are closer to the 10-15% range...that 5-10% difference if accurate is a lot of cases each year. we pick up a few % points throughout the year with drip marketing, etc....maybe i need some new agents???

It may also depend on the area they are in...Example, internet leads around Pittsburgh are garbage!!! Just awful, in quality...but sometimes if you get leads from areas such as rural Ohio, they might be a little better in quality..I'm sure all lead companies have their sweet spots in terms of where best leads are generated

Salesmen never inflate their numbers. Never. :D

yeah...ain't that the truth!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It may also depend on the area they are in...Example, internet leads around Pittsburgh are garbage!!! Just awful, in quality...but sometimes if you get leads from areas such as rural Ohio, they might be a little better in quality..I'm sure all lead companies have their sweet spots in terms of where best leads are generated

the leads are all over the country...generated by me via organic search and some limited ppc...the agents are licensed in most states so i dont think its a specific area affecting closing...i'm guessing that my tracking may be a little more exact than most...who knows????

Last edited:
yeah...ain't that the truth!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

the leads are all over the country...generated by me via organic search and some limited ppc...the agents are licensed in most states so i dont think its a specific area affecting closing...i'm guessing that my tracking may be a little more exact than most...who knows????

You are probably right at about the 15% mark...I don't think there is any one magic company out there either...It comes down to want one wants with their ROI, and what their time is worth

Hands down: Quality Life Leads are the hardest to generate in my experience so don't be too hard on Parasol if they have difficulties getting much Quantity.
Also, Exclusive Life Leads....Very hard folks. What do they do with all the Un-sold leads at the end of the day....wholesale them? Trust me when I say: they will have many if they are driving leads by SEO/PPC only. Very, Very hard to make a profit that way.

A friend of mine says there are two types of Leads: "Drunken" leads & "Fraud." We've had the "drunken" leads since day one. Someone comes home "drunk" at 2 a.m. & fills out a lead for "fun" but changes name to Mickey Mouse:(

Fraud we see way too much of unfortunately. Depending on where you want leads, we will have Quality but not much Quantity at this time. We turn off bad sources as we find them & thus...Quantity is low.

We don't limit credit for bad leads so when [not if] they are bad, you don't pay for them. Leads are not exclusive but on average, only go to 2 agents. We cap at 5 so....not much of an issue from what we've seen. We don't sell Life leads to carriers or call centers either.

If you are interested, take advantage of the Ins-Forum special & call or email [email protected], 615.599.5506 x 105

If I can answer any questions you have, post, email or call me!

To your success whatever you decide! :idea:

Hands down: Quality Life Leads are the hardest to generate in my experience so don't be too hard on Parasol if they have difficulties getting much Quantity.
Also, Exclusive Life Leads....Very hard folks. What do they do with all the Un-sold leads at the end of the day....wholesale them? Trust me when I say: they will have many if they are driving leads by SEO/PPC only. Very, Very hard to make a profit that way.

A friend of mine says there are two types of Leads: "Drunken" leads & "Fraud." We've had the "drunken" leads since day one. Someone comes home "drunk" at 2 a.m. & fills out a lead for "fun" but changes name to Mickey Mouse:(

Fraud we see way too much of unfortunately. Depending on where you want leads, we will have Quality but not much Quantity at this time. We turn off bad sources as we find them & thus...Quantity is low.

We don't limit credit for bad leads so when [not if] they are bad, you don't pay for them. Leads are not exclusive but on average, only go to 2 agents. We cap at 5 so....not much of an issue from what we've seen. We don't sell Life leads to carriers or call centers either.

If you are interested, take advantage of the Ins-Forum special & call or email [email protected], 615.599.5506 x 105

If I can answer any questions you have, post, email or call me!

To your success whatever you decide! :idea:

Bob,
No doubt that generating a good quality life lead is extremely difficult and selling it 1x at a premium means I have to deliver some good quality leads, otherwise agents will go elsewhere.

Liberal credits for bad leads, minimum age guarantees, minimum face guarantees, credits for uninsurables, spouses are free, etc. I used to be a life agent so trying to sell what I would want to buy myself as an agent.

Most of my agents renew each month, and I have a wait list for other agents...

For unsold leads, I have arrangements with agents to work those....that's why I was inquiring about closing percentages, etc. I'm always open to new business ideas...

Our firm has had great success with AgentsPlus. We've been using them for several years and are now exclusively with them. They only do fresh leads that they personally talk to. They don't have any aged lead system.

Hi Bob,

I am a private pilot. I sell insurance because it gives me time to fly my plane more often. I hope to sell part time so I can fly more, but with gas prices now I will probably need to sell twice as much! :twitchy:

The numbers (closing % and ROI) depend on your system, your product knowledge, overall expertise and sales skills.

Also, how many times you call/email and when, how you follow up, what you say in voice mails, emails, how often these go out, most people give up on leads after the first call or two and have no follow up system in place, so there can be a disparity in one sales persons numbers over another.

Back