California this week further expanded free health coverage to include all undocumented immigrants.

I agree, it should be instant citizenship.. I am glad we agree on something.

And I am definitely not virtue signaling, I was responding to someone telling me to open my door to an undocumented person, which I have in the past and would again in the future.

Dude, you rented him a room? How much? Single occupancy in the room? Did he get his deposit back?
How many border brothers did you rent to at the time?

If we all try we will find that in general we have more in common than not.

I agree, it should be instant citizenship.. I am glad we agree on something.

I should add, I respect the courage, strength and fortitude of men and women trekking cross country in difficult and dangerous land to come to America. Much like many Americans' ancestors before.

Most of us are to soft to have made that journey. And are lucky that through the accident of conception we were born here.

My grandparents made a choice and struggled to become Americans. All I had to do was take a breath.

BTW, do you lock your doors, control who has a key, vett your tenants?

Hell yea, brother. Right there with you. I live 10 minutes from the Tijuana border, no invasion here... The news and especially the GOP like to drum up border hysteria to get their base pumped for an election.

Over 1,400 miles of border and because there isn't a huge influx at this one location means there obviously isn't a problem at our border. Try looking at the governments own statistics at border encounters over the last 3 years. For fiscal year 2018, there were just over 521,000 encounters at the southern border (this figure was in line with the prior 5 years as well going back to 2013). I chose 2018 because we know what happened in 2019 to reduce those numbers. Here are the numbers for 2021 through the first 4 months of 2024 (these are just the southwest border - the numbers are much higher when you include all borders):

2021 - 1,734,686
2022 - 2,378,944
2023 - 2,475,669
2024 (Oct 23 through Jan 24) - 961,537

The numbers have skyrocketed. I wonder why? It surely doesn't have anything to do with Biden rescinding Trumps remain in Mexico executive order. And again, this isn't just people coming across at manned border control crossings.

I would say the majority of Americans are perfectly happy with a person coming to this country legally. What many aren't happy about is the seemingly open door which allows them in and then see them given tax payer money and benefits.

I have a friend who used to fly the border in a helicopter and radio down to border patrol where people were crossing. He said they would find plenty of items that gave them reason to believe some of the people crossing illegally do not have good intentions for the U.S.

And we only have to turn on the news to see how this mass migration is impacting other communities. It's comical watching these self-proclaimed sanctuary cities now crying about not being able to handle the influx. be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

Back