Calling All Uplines (and Downlines Too)

Good points.
My concern with the buy in formula is that I feel like if I'm gonna ask for $500, I can't really call the leads, "free". Just a personal issue. You're right, though, much more doable with a cost share.

The leads are free. The buy-in is for the ability to participate. The leads are free but with production the comp can go up. The other way to do it is no buy-in but no DM for that package (TM leads only). I would also say you could offer higher comp iinitially for a higher buy-in. You could even have the buy-in refundable after one year for reaching a certain level or staying at a certain level for a specific period of time. But you have to have incentive and accountability from the other side.

What you are doing by the buy-in is hedging risk for both parties. Deals don't work if they are one sided. Everyone has to participate in the risk.

The leads are free. The buy-in is for the ability to participate. The leads are free but with production the comp can go up. The other way to do it is no buy-in but no DM for that package (TM leads only). I would also say you could offer higher comp iinitially for a higher buy-in. You could even have the buy-in refundable after one year for reaching a certain level or staying at a certain level for a specific period of time. But you have to have incentive and accountability from the other side. What you are doing by the buy-in is hedging risk for both parties. Deals don't work if they are one sided. Everyone has to participate in the risk.

If only someone offered a program like this?

The leads are free. The buy-in is for the ability to participate. The leads are free but with production the comp can go up. The other way to do it is no buy-in but no DM for that package (TM leads only). I would also say you could offer higher comp iinitially for a higher buy-in. You could even have the buy-in refundable after one year for reaching a certain level or staying at a certain level for a specific period of time. But you have to have incentive and accountability from the other side.

What you are doing by the buy-in is hedging risk for both parties. Deals don't work if they are one sided. Everyone has to participate in the risk.

Oh, I understand your distinction. I just feel it's deceptive to play semantics that way. Personal opinion. Not knocking anyone.

Again, good points.

----------

Yes, Thad. If only!!

Okay I'll play...Don't you have something exactly like this with telemarketed leads?

----------

Why would you want to do that program when you can easily get 120% contracts?? Doesn't make much sense to me.

This program would be a magnet for those agents that either have no money ie for upfront lead costs (which I think is part of the draw of Lincoln heritage ) or for those not willing to take the risk they will work the numbers off of x number of free leads I will sell y at z premium multiplied by commission rate and be okay with that.

Back