KSKJ the news just gets worse and worse

From the sounds of it they have like 20 employees total. One person in each department. Half of their policies or applications or anything they copied from other companies. They are far from the big boys.
If this scenario you just played out took place. The agents would all go out and rewrite them somewhere else and be fine. I've never had a policy replaced by a phone agent, and I've replaced literally every single telesales policies I've come across. No exaggeration. 100%.
When someone sits on your couch or your kitchen table and they are good at what they do. It builds a trust and relationship. I mean if the agent just let's it happen sure. But if they proactively go back out to those homes and say hey this is what they did. This is their reputation. Look here at their fake Google reviews. ( half of ksjk google reviews are fake., agents, employees, even that tool tony himself and one of his relatives are on there) See this is who they really are. This agent shows them that and what they did. They will rewrite them elsewhere and be able to pay the chargebacks.
These clients didn't buy kskj. They bought the agent. Kskj has no where near the power they think they do. They have some nightmare claims reviews on Google and the wallet one and bbb. All an agent needs to do is a couple minutes of show and tell and then back to their thing.
But none of this matters. They aren't the big boys, they don't have the balls to pull what you described. And if they did I don't know how it got pulled off before but if it happened again spelled out that way. Couple phone calls into vector raising some reasonable doubt of fraud and that vector goes away. Shoot I'd take every single client into the state dept of insurance and point out that they technically replaced all of thier own policies illegally if they didn't use replacement forms by rescinded and rewriting and was not in the clients best interest as it restarted cv and contestability. And see how many it takes till the state drops the company from doing business there.
Which is why this story seems like nonsense and I don't think I believe it happend exactly that way 🤷‍♂️

I understand what you’re saying. I felt the name way.

Of course that was the game plan when it happed. My agency all worked door to door. We had good agents. That built good relationships with clients. I had kept every name and phone number and address for every one of my clients.

Got the whole group together. And made the decision to try and retain every app we wrote.

I compiled a list of every single policy holder along with policy numbers and sent to every department of insurance in the 16 states we operated in. Hired a great legal team.

A couple of phone calls to vector would do absolutely nothing. I had signed statements from actual policy holders. Which is what the states department of insurance cares about.

Nothing. No action taken. We counter sued for 30 million. 100 pissed off agents contacting all the people we wrote with them and in the end got a few clients back and got the lawsuit dropped along with ours. That’s it. And lost millions in renewals and hundreds of thousands in legal fees.

All the carriers are big boys. They can outspend any agency out there. The lawyers are already on retainer and in the budget. Doesn’t cost them extra money.

I visited the am am office a few times. Got the whole tour. Rooftop to basement. Introduced me to everyone there that day.

I thought wow. What a cool building. Met maybe 25 to 30 employees. Seems like a small company.

But that small company was own by industrial alliance and they are worth 33 billion.

You can not win a fight with a carrier. Not to mention it’s probably in their contract that they have to go to arbitration.

Honestly. The best bet if you’re mad is to sue for unemployment. Not to worry about rolling the biz it won’t put a dent in them. But a few million lawsuit for unemployment you have a shot.

Depending on how much the company controlled your business. Did they offer benefits? Did they have locked territories? Did they provide leads? Did they have production quotas? Did they determine who you could and could not contract? Were you termed without cause.

If so you might win for unemployment. If not…

Nothing you can do but move on. It was a bad business decision to work with them.

I hear all the time that 10k of coverage is 10k of coverage. Doesn’t matter the company they are all the same.

I don’t give two sh*ts about a companies high rates. I consider other things when looking for a contract for myself and my agents.

This exact scenario is what I try to avoid when I’m picking a carrier. I think this is bad for the agents and the clients.

From the sounds of it they have like 20 employees total. One person in each department. Half of their policies or applications or anything they copied from other companies. They are far from the big boys.
If this scenario you just played out took place. The agents would all go out and rewrite them somewhere else and be fine. I've never had a policy replaced by a phone agent, and I've replaced literally every single telesales policies I've come across. No exaggeration. 100%.
When someone sits on your couch or your kitchen table and they are good at what they do. It builds a trust and relationship. I mean if the agent just let's it happen sure. But if they proactively go back out to those homes and say hey this is what they did. This is their reputation. Look here at their fake Google reviews. ( half of ksjk google reviews are fake., agents, employees, even that tool tony himself and one of his relatives are on there) See this is who they really are. This agent shows them that and what they did. They will rewrite them elsewhere and be able to pay the chargebacks.
These clients didn't buy kskj. They bought the agent. Kskj has no where near the power they think they do. They have some nightmare claims reviews on Google and the wallet one and bbb. All an agent needs to do is a couple minutes of show and tell and then back to their thing.
But none of this matters. They aren't the big boys, they don't have the balls to pull what you described. And if they did I don't know how it got pulled off before but if it happened again spelled out that way. Couple phone calls into vector raising some reasonable doubt of fraud and that vector goes away. Shoot I'd take every single client into the state dept of insurance and point out that they technically replaced all of thier own policies illegally if they didn't use replacement forms by rescinded and rewriting and was not in the clients best interest as it restarted cv and contestability. And see how many it takes till the state drops the company from doing business there.
Which is why this story seems like nonsense and I don't think I believe it happend exactly that way 🤷‍♂️
A company would have to have a reason tobrescind a policy. They can not do it just out of the blue.

I know him. I believe him.

But, I am not an IMO so above my pay grade.

Everyone likes to think they would gather up all their clients and rewrite them all. Or like this guy said bring them all to the department of insurance to talk about how they had a policy illegally cancelled.

But it ain’t happening. It’s hard enough to convince them to fill out a complaint to DOI and sign it let alone to actually go to the building.

It’s a lot of work and determination to go back to every client you ever wrote for them. Even when you’re pissed.

I know him. I believe him.

But, I am not an IMO so above my pay grade.
I didn't mean it to be a dick but if it did happen then the agents are a bunch of morons to allow it and not get legal help. You rescinded all of their policies and issued new ones to cut the agent out and Vector them. And and everyone said yeah that's ok? Only way is of everyone tucked tail and took it. And I don't see a company having the guts to try something like that. It's just asking for a lawsuit. I don't know man sounds like nonsense to me. Companies are shady but this is easily verifiable to be caught. Every single agent vectored and they show up with letters from clients saying the company cancelled their old policy and issued them a new one. Vector has discretionary abilities with something like that. Yeah I don't believe it 🤷‍♂️

Who knows what's possible. All I know is I would have gotten at least 90% back written somewhere else and paid off my vector and moved on with renewals and only lost a little bit of time and made it a goal to get other in house sales and referals while back at each home. Maybe going after the state and vector might have been difficult but f2f back with my clients in that scenario a breeze.

With that being said I know my experiences with credit reports. Had a local shop try to screw me for like 30k and put it against my credit. I prepared my info and evidence and sent it. It left enough doubt that the credit bureause refused to put the companies claim against me. If little old me can win that battle I don't see how the state and vector could ignore proof on that scale from the story you are telling. But once again if you don't want to take the big fight then at least go back and get your business.

A company would have to have a reason tobrescind a policy. They can not do it just out of the blue.

They had a reason. They claimed the contracts we signed were fraudulent. The ones they gave us to sign. So every ap we wrote was fraudulent. It was a nightmare. Got strong armed hard. The reason for the termination was that our persistency was not up to company standards. At 86 percent. They never had in the contract what the company standard was so it was an easy way to terminate with cause.

18 months in the courts fighting it. After all said and done we settled. They dropped their lawsuit and we dropped ours. Never saw a penny from them after that. The company never had any action taken against them from any government agencies.

With that being said I know my experiences with credit reports. Had a local shop try to screw me for like 30k and put it against my credit. I prepared my info and evidence and sent it. It left enough doubt that the credit bureause refused to put the companies claim against me. If little old me can win that battle I don't see how the state and vector could ignore proof on that scale from the story you are telling. But once again if you don't want to take the big fight then at least go back and get your business.

It was really easy for them to ignore this. I think people forget how shitty and corrupt things are. Dozens of complaints across a dozen states. Nothing. Not a response. Not from emails to the commissioners. Not from talking trash in the reviews online.

Smug lawyers. Smug judges that don’t care. Smug state employees. No one cares. An agent even talked to the news station to try and get on air. Not interested.

I said the same things. They can’t do this. It’s illegal. Ima sue. I’m going to roll every app I ever wrote and then specifically target any policy I see that they ever write. I’m going to talk bad about them to every client I run into.

We all ended up just doing what we do. Bitching about it then going out working. Getting leads writing new policies.

You’d have more luck getting the ftc involved in the companies marketing if you want to cause a problem.

It was really easy for them to ignore this. I think people forget how shitty and corrupt things are. Dozens of complaints across a dozen states. Nothing. Not a response. Not from emails to the commissioners. Not from talking trash in the reviews online.

Smug lawyers. Smug judges that don’t care. Smug state employees. No one cares. An agent even talked to the news station to try and get on air. Not interested.

I said the same things. They can’t do this. It’s illegal. Ima sue. I’m going to roll every app I ever wrote and then specifically target any policy I see that they ever write. I’m going to talk bad about them to every client I run into.

We all ended up just doing what we do. Bitching about it then going out working. Getting leads writing new policies.

You’d have more luck getting the ftc involved in the companies marketing if you want to cause a problem.
For real.

This is the "I got mine so screw you" thought process that so many company execs have.

This is always the outcome. The C level guys make millions and who cares what happens to the rest.

Look at Purdue Pharma. Do you think that the Sackler family is now living in a trailer park because they got hit with 5 billion or whatever in fines? Nope, they're still worth billions.

Us "little guys" just need to ignore this noise and go write more policies.

It cost the agency about 10k to 15k a month in legal fees. They dragged it on for 18 months before they dropped it.
For that kind of money paid to a professional you'd expect them to have the other party in the garage ready to talk. 👨‍🦳🪓🕵️‍♂️🧯

Back