Can I Write these Policies?

DC2188

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have family in another state coming to visit me in a few weeks and they want to buy a couple policies from me. Can I still write them without having my non resident in their state if they sign the documents here? BTW they will also be doing their physical in their resident state.

I have family in another state coming to visit me in a few weeks and they want to buy a couple policies from me. Can I still write them without having my non resident in their state if they sign the documents here? BTW they will also be doing their physical in their resident state.

Legally, yes.. However, some companies will allow it while others will not. You need to contact the company UW dept.

What Louis said. Also ask them which state app to use. Example: I am in CA, am writing a woman whose home is in CA, she is in LA for the next 6 months or so, the Owner/payor lives in UT. We are using a UT app.

Make sure the app is correct for the state of execution (where you're taking it) for the owner/applicant (if other than the insured). If blood and urine are required check if an HIV Consent form are required for their state of residence. Then be aware of individual state form (i.e. Genetic Testing Supplement for MA) they reside in.

Sound like enough of an underwriter answer for you?

What Louis said. Also ask them which state app to use. Example: I am in CA, am writing a woman whose home is in CA, she is in LA for the next 6 months or so, the Owner/payor lives in UT. We are using a UT app.

That's not the rule with all companies. Gotta check. I'm writing an RNA right now on a grandson of a client. The insured, the owner and the payor all live in Ga.

We are writing it when they are in Ky to visit family. The company told me to use a Ky application.

A non-resident license can be had from as little as $10 in OH all the way up to $400 in HI. Usually they are $50-100 and take a few days to be issued.

Some states are an exception to the above. Not sure why this thread pops up all the time when you can literally have a non-res license in the time it takes this forum to generate 5 responses.

That's not the rule with all companies. Gotta check. I'm writing an RNA right now on a grandson of a client. The insured, the owner and the payor all live in Ga.

We are writing it when they are in Ky to visit family. The company told me to use a Ky application.

I have learned that the hard way. and have had to relearn it a couple times. I am a slow learner.

In my case the owner is signing in UT and the insured is signing in LA. I only need to have a non res in UT.

----------

A non-resident license can be had from as little as $10 in OH all the way up to $400 in HI. Usually they are $50-100 and take a few days to be issued.

Some states are an exception to the above. Not sure why this thread pops up all the time when you can literally have a non-res license in the time it takes this forum to generate 5 responses.

One of my captive buddies referred his mother in law to me that lives in HI. I figured I would just get a HI non res since she was only going to be in CA a couple days. And I could maybe write off a trip to see my son. :err:, changed my mind when I saw that cost. Had an approval and policy number in less than 24. Thank you Sagicor!

Although I may have to fly out there to do a service call this summer. I could write that off, right?

The cases I've done like that have been done on ppwk from the state the client signed in, vs where they live. I agree, ck with the carrier - they vary on how they handle that scenario.

Back