Child ID Events for Getting Leads

Not a farmers agent. Obviously not a primary way of meeting new prospects, referrals being the best, but it definitely is a good way to supplement your activity. and its helping with family protection at the same time. anyone else have any other successful prospecting methods that are working for them?

I agree with most here... if it were done through local government or the YMCA perhaps yes. Perhaps give them the "option" of being contacted about your services? Kudos to you for helping protect the kids.

Nantico, there is nothing wrong with trying this as one of your marketing approaches. Keep records of how well it works and relay the information back to the forum if you choose. My only suggestion is that I would tie this into college planning which would also be a great service and may possibly get you a better return on your time.

The guy is just throwing out an idea that works for him, and everyone is giving him grief.

Keep the prospecting ideas coming!

Like others here, I couldn't see myself doing this in my own neighborhood, since I probably wouldn't respond favorably myself. But I have used this idea successfully in the past for home service prospecting in lower income neighborhoods. I've found that often young parents don't seem to have a clue about any of this stuff until somebody presents it to them. They'll walk right past the sheriff's table at the fair or community event, but if you show up at the daycare or the local community center (or even door to door), they're grateful for the service. When we did it, the insurance company name & logo were prominently at the top of the card that the parents fill out. There was a "yes" or "no" check box indicating whether they would be interested in more info on life insurance. Nothing sleazy about it! If they didn't check "yes", they still got the free service without any sales pitch whatsoever.

Last edited:
I agree that the idea has merit. I'll try anyone once...errr...anything, but I'd like to hear some numbers regarding sales. Say...average number of sales per "show". I'd also like to see a sample form that the parents fill out. And where do you get those kits? Enquiring minds want to know.....

Back