Child ID Events for Getting Leads

Like others here, I couldn't see myself doing this in my own neighborhood, since I probably wouldn't respond favorably myself. But I have used this idea successfully in the past for home service prospecting in lower income neighborhoods. I've found that often young parents don't seem to have a clue about any of this stuff until somebody presents it to them. They'll walk right past the sheriff's table at the fair or community event, but if you show up at the daycare or the local community center (or even door to door), they're grateful for the service. When we did it, the insurance company name & logo were prominently at the top of the card that the parents fill out. There was a "yes" or "no" check box indicating whether they would be interested in more info on life insurance. Nothing sleazy about it! If they didn't check "yes", they still got the free service without any sales pitch whatsoever.

So, how many would check yes? Was it profitable to continue doing it? Did you stop because it wasn't successful or did you do what all agents do, stop using something that works?

VolAgent said:
So, how many would check yes? Was it profitable to continue doing it? Did you stop because it wasn't successful or did you do what all agents do, stop using something that works?

I got enough yes's to make it worthwhile. I stopped when I stopped working with that company. The company I ended up with started doing a similar program a couple years later, but by then I had a pretty large book of business & got most of my sales by mining the book.

Latest posts

Back