Client with Felony Charge

polarbear99

Hi everyone,

I have a client with a 2nd-degree murder charge on his record from a while ago that I am looking to place for life insurance. He was released from prison in 2010 completing 2 years of probation thereafter. He has had nothing since and now owns his own Cottage Inn Pizza business here in Michigan. I am wondering if the type of charge is going to matter as I have checked a few.

He would like either up to a 30k final expense/whole life or a 50k-100k term with no paramedic exam and no telephone interview. He doesn't prefer to get on the phone with all the questions.

He is 6'0 245lb, no known conditions other than having surgery on his wrist at the beginning of December, and a smoker with occasional recreational marijuana use.

Any suggestions of companies to try?

a 2nd-degree murder charge on his record

He has had nothing since and now owns his own Cottage Inn Pizza business here in Michigan

Wow Just Wow

Hi everyone,

I have a client with a 2nd-degree murder charge on his record from a while ago that I am looking to place for life insurance. He was released from prison in 2010 completing 2 years of probation thereafter. He has had nothing since and now owns his own Cottage Inn Pizza business here in Michigan. I am wondering if the type of charge is going to matter as I have checked a few.

He would like either up to a 30k final expense/whole life or a 50k-100k term with no paramedic exam and no telephone interview. He doesn't prefer to get on the phone with all the questions.

He is 6'0 245lb, no known conditions other than having surgery on his wrist at the beginning of December, and a smoker with occasional recreational marijuana use.

Liberty Bankers Life $30K SIMP Preferred - $101.86 a month

Hi everyone,

Most FE companies do not ask about criminal records.. And, those that do don't go back that far.

Most FE companies do not ask about criminal records.. And, those that do don't go back that far.
My primary company (LBL) recently changed the criminal background question to “Have you EVER…” But they’re only concerned that the ex-offender isn’t still on probation or parole. If they are, they’re an automatic decline. I have a client who was convicted of murder (not sure, but I think 2nd degree) and served 10 years, then paroled out. But he tells me that he’ll be on parole/probation for the rest of his life. So, I took him to a carrier that doesn’t ask.

My primary company (LBL) recently changed the criminal background question to “Have you EVER…” But they’re only concerned that the ex-offender isn’t still on probation or parole. If they are, they’re an automatic decline. I have a client who was convicted of murder (not sure, but I think 2nd degree) and served 10 years, then paroled out. But he tells me that he’ll be on parole/probation for the rest of his life. So, I took him to a carrier that doesn’t ask.

Did you ask what the murder was from? Would be good to know if he knocked off his insurance agent or something.

Back