Cms issued letter today . Doing secret shopping and unhappy

I blame the CO’s . In many big city’s there’s 5 plan over company . You can easily flip within the company . For instance will call centers and agents attack with the $100 Humana part b giveback in many states . I spent a lot of time this yr calling alll clients and going over their new plan and what’s out their . I moved very few . It’s constant shinier nuggets

Not really, as long as you can flip people with no underwriting with larger comms and "hassle" than Medigap, this will be an issue.

I write MAPD, but it's getting to be more than the hassle is worth.[/QUOT

300 bucks is not what they are really after, do You have any idea how big those marketing dollars are, at the top of the food chain it's 3 times the commission and they keep 100% if the policy stays on books for 3 months, take that money away and give it to the medicare member alllof this bs will go away

I don't even want to sell MAPD too much of a hassle for too little pay.

I say the same thing about PDP. This AEP has been exhausting…get this…only with my Med Supp clients.
I have to remind nearly all of my Med Supp clients why they picked their plan. And after that, they say, yeah but my friends pay….
I’m at the point where I’m showing my med Supp clients a MAPD when they ultimately are still questioning their purchase. And this is only a year or so after saying they despise MAPD.

I disagree that it will go away. If you take a huge barrier (underwriting) away that 300$ is almost no work. Especially once they've jumped on the MAPD zero premium train.

Yes, it's a motivator, but it's definitely not something that removes the issue. It's easy to sell a zero premium plan with no underwriting and d/h/v, cards to pay for rent and food, etc....

Easy of sale and longer comm terms will push people to sell it.

(Granted, MI is a bit easier for agents to push it, but that's my opinion.)

Wow CMS, it’s almost as if you’ve identified the main problem (TV commercials with misleading information and call centers that capitalize on said TV commercials and misleading information). Maybe we don’t REALLY need the blanketed call recording bullshit for ALL agents, the majority of which are not running ads and are not a part of (and don’t operate) call centers. It’s almost as if identifying the MAIN PROBLEM and honing in on said MAIN PROBLEM is more effective than punishing everyone. I won’t hold my breathe though. Someone please get CMS a treat though. Maybe they’ll finally put it all together one day, and what little common sense they have left kicks in!

Last edited:
Wow CMS, it’s almost as if you’ve identified the main problem (TV commercials with misleading information and call centers that capitalize on said TV commercials and misleading information).

So glad I don't do this now. You guys grind way more than I would ever want to. I like to shut down when I please regardless the time of year. I ran this gig back in '05 and about 5 years after, saw all the changes made every year and just grew tired of re-explaining every year. I prefer sups.

That said, there is money in the trough and organizations that churn business and burn agents are fully aware of it. They talk about protecting the our vulnerable seniors, then they set the wolves loose on them each fall. (I am not referring to anyone of you as being a wolf... that is unless you are.)

I say the same thing about PDP. This AEP has been exhausting…get this…only with my Med Supp clients.
I have to remind nearly all of my Med Supp clients why they picked their plan. And after that, they say, yeah but my friends pay….
I’m at the point where I’m showing my med Supp clients a MAPD when they ultimately are still questioning their purchase. And this is only a year or so after saying they despise MAPD.

As I’ve preached for a yr the handwritings on the wall . Wether it’s govt initiated to make pdp’s crap I don’t know . But the power of $1000-$3000 moops with dental to any dentist and zero copays for zero premium is to great .

Latest posts

Back