Cms max commissions released June 1-3 last 3 yrs . Not a word yet

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
Last 3 yrs maximum commissions released June 1-3 . Not a word yet. Hope this doesn’t mean anything bad . We shall see very soon . Also CO’s under some pressure with less increase from cms could give less than max comp . CO’s should cut overrides instead of agent comp if they cut

I remember the very first MAPD I sold, I was paid $175. This was 2005 and prior to the current commission rules. Carriers were paying different amounts. I was actually good with them leveling the field so to speak.

I personally enjoy the "built in raise" each year and would prefer they not start cutting commissions. Been down that road with ACA and it was the reason I jumped out. Luckily my book of business is about 65/35 Med Supp to MAPD. But again, I'd prefer to not have to replace income AGAIN like I did with ACA.

I remember the very first MAPD I sold, I was paid $175. This was 2005 and prior to the current commission rules. Carriers were paying different amounts. I was actually good with them leveling the field so to speak.

I personally enjoy the "built in raise" each year and would prefer they not start cutting commissions. Been down that road with ACA and it was the reason I jumped out. Luckily my book of business is about 65/35 Med Supp to MAPD. But again, I'd prefer to not have to replace income AGAIN like I did with ACA.

Sman--have you been tempted at all to re-enter the ACA market? I have been out of <65 since ACA and keep getting marketing emails to re-enter but I haven't.....

Sman--have you been tempted at all to re-enter the ACA market? I have been out of <65 since ACA and keep getting marketing emails to re-enter but I haven't.....

You know, I'm so busy between October and early December I just don't think I'd like to add another layer to that. Plus I've been away from it long enough to where it would be like starting over as far as gaining clients go.

On the few calls I get each year I usually just direct them to healthcare.gov or healthsherpa.com to review and enroll. I'll never say never, but I have no intentions of jumping back in that market.

You know, I'm so busy between October and early December I just don't think I'd like to add another layer to that. Plus I've been away from it long enough to where it would be like starting over as far as gaining clients go.

On the few calls I get each year I usually just direct them to healthcare.gov or healthsherpa.com to review and enroll. I'll never say never, but I have no intentions of jumping back in that market.

sman--thank you for sharing your thoughts, makes sense!

Back