Cms max commissions released June 1-3 last 3 yrs . Not a word yet

I know some Med Supp only guys who help their clients with PDP and make zero on it. They do it as a service to their client. You probably shouldn't paint with such a broad brush.

I understand that but they also have zero accountability if consumer has a problem. I believe many consumers would not be happy to know upfront that the med supp agent they are using can not transact a PDP application. I have sold med supps since 1992 so i definitely understand the value for many consumers but i have yet to see a med supp only agent website /YouTube video that doesn't somehow dog MA plans.

Just an FYI, I have no issue with med Supp only agents. I do have an issue with MAPD only agents and med Supp agents that constantly bash MAPD.

Spoke with a lady yesterday who is T65 in Oct. She's considering a MAPD - fairly low income... But not quite low enough for SNP. But, it's low.

Our initial call was probably 2 weeks ago. We had pretty much picked a $0 MA plan. The reason for her call yesterday is she found a YouTube video of a guy warning of all the horrors of MA. So she had some concerns.

So that had her thinking of doing just A&B.

No supp (can't afford) and no MA (due to "them denying everything," per the YouTube video).

So we talked about Max OOP and how it doesn't make sense to do nothing and how the YouTube video guy probably only sells med supps so he had an incentive in his MAPD bashing.

Explained how I almost never get a call (and it's 100% true) regarding a "denied" or even a "delayed" claim on MA. But yes, there will be some PA.

So that was a wasted 26 minutes due to a YouTube video.

Spoke with a lady yesterday who is T65 in Oct. She's considering a MAPD - fairly low income... But not quite low enough for SNP. But, it's low.

Our initial call was probably 2 weeks ago. We had pretty much picked a $0 MA plan. The reason for her call yesterday is she found a YouTube video of a guy warning of all the horrors of MA. So she had some concerns.

No supp (can't afford) and no MA (due to "them denying everything," per the YouTube video).

So we talked about Max OOP and how it doesn't make sense to do nothing and how the YouTube video guy probably only sells med supps so he had an incentive in his MAPD bashing.

Explained how I almost never get a call (and it's 100% true) regarding a "denied" or even a "delayed" claim on MA. But yes, there will be some PA.

So the first thing many low income people will say “ if I get this mapd do I still have to pay that $164.90 insurance ?” They think it’s not mandatory to have . So in many peoples head their paying $164.90 and $200 ish a month for a med sup /pdp . I run into to a fair amount of people with A ,B and D only . I have a good friend I wrote mapd and hospital plan . He got diagnosed with cancer a few months ago . He had free Obamacare for 8 yrs before but makes big income that’s sits in a c Corp abd shows little real income . So far no issues with claims or any problems . He’s happy . I’ll move him to low moop next yr . But with the cancer rider is moop is 100% covered this yr

I’ll have the same thing happen every now and then with the same scenario. The first thing I say is, I’m sure they don’t live in FL, we have crazy plans compared to other states.” Then I mention what you say as well.

I can’t comment on what FMOs make on overrides because I haven’t seen them since they were $25/50 about 10 years ago. Any FMO here want to comment?
It depends on their contract level. But I do believe the highest level contract offers around $250 overrides. Maybe
I’ll have the same thing happen every now and then with the same scenario. The first thing I say is, I’m sure they don’t live in FL, we have crazy plans compared to other states.” Then I mention what you say as well.
yup, me too.

The MAPD bashers don't care, only thinking about their wallets.

I sold a PPO back during AEP in Broward county, $165 giveback, and the MOOP was around $4,000 if I remember correctly. The annual premium on her medsupp alone was $3,000.
Literally every doctor she desired accepted the plan, and her Rx copays were less with the plan.

To not offer MAPD in Florida would be criminal.

I understand that but they also have zero accountability if consumer has a problem. I believe many consumers would not be happy to know upfront that the med supp agent they are using can not transact a PDP application. I have sold med supps since 1992 so i definitely understand the value for many consumers but i have yet to see a med supp only agent website /YouTube video that doesn't somehow dog MA plans.

You appear to be moving the goal post some. We were talking about Med Supp agents not helping on PDP, now you’re talking about YouTube videos bashing MA plans.

Back