Cold Call Reluctance

I also think that everyone is different. What one person is comfortable doing, perhaps another isn't? Drop what makes you feel sick and do more of what makes you feel better.

DHK, if after a lot of practice, you still feel anxious then perhaps hiring a telemarketer would be a better choice? Or some other form of prospecting?

When I started in Sales, I was told that there is a certain personality type that will make it in the sales game. If you wern't that type, find another career. IMO, that is totally BS.

I have met successful sales people who all had different personality types and ways of doing things. The key was finding what works best for you and doing a lot of it.

Any type of personality can succeed it may just be more difficult for certain types. WE all have to find ways through or around our own personal hangups or phobias. When it comes to prospecting call reluctance we have to either find a way to overcome it or find a different way to generate prospects. However, going around it (i.e. finding another way) is usually expensive or unreliable.

Back