Cold Calling Appt Setter

When you say 20 % close ratio is that turning 65 or 67 and over? What would you say the difference in closing ratios for those groups?

When you say 20 % close ratio is that turning 65 or 67 and over? What would you say the difference in closing ratios for those groups?

To me it doesn't matter so much the age, but the type of lead.

I do DM T65's. I probably only sell 10-15% of them that I get. Internet leads and TM leads are too new for me to know. Probably around the same % but Internet leads cost more. 3x more

My personal opinion is that the T-65 market is tough, so many companies/agencies/agents are marketing to a select group nationwide.

67+ is a bigger pool to fish in with less companies/agencies/agents marketing to them.

While a 20% closing ratio is possible with TM leads I believe the average falls right around 5% - 15% (Follow-up is a HUGE factor, area being marketed to, agent skill, etc).

Some agents will only call a lead once, the successful ones will call a lead 5 - 10 times.

My personal opinion is that the T-65 market is tough, so many companies/agencies/agents are marketing to a select group nationwide.

67+ is a bigger pool to fish in with less companies/agencies/agents marketing to them.

While a 20% closing ratio is possible with TM leads I believe the average falls right around 5% - 15% (Follow-up is a HUGE factor, area being marketed to, agent skill, etc).

Some agents will only call a lead once, the successful ones will call a lead 5 - 10 times.

I agree with that, and while follow up is always important, follow up with T65s is even more crucial if using DM leads. Most agents mail 6mos out, so u have to be in touch with them for 2-3 mos before their enrollment period begins, and then u may have another 2-3mos til they actually get it done, depends.

I did it, I was fairly successful the short time I did (75 leads, 13 closed sales, 3 pending), but it takes a lot of follow up & several mos before u are paid. If you do that, u have to keep it up every month, which means u gotta have to funds to support yourself the 1st 6mos of mailings while waiting on your 1st commission.

Now I'm doing TM leads to see how it is to sell to ppl who I can save them money & see the difference. So far, my observations are... Less follow up, faster/easier to get paid, but harder to get them interested initially without a mailer to reference.

I agree with that, and while follow up is always important, follow up with T65s is even more crucial if using DM leads. Most agents mail 6mos out, so u have to be in touch with them for 2-3 mos before their enrollment period begins, and then u may have another 2-3mos til they actually get it done, depends.

I did it, I was fairly successful the short time I did (75 leads, 13 closed sales, 3 pending), but it takes a lot of follow up & several mos before u are paid. If you do that, u have to keep it up every month, which means u gotta have to funds to support yourself the 1st 6mos of mailings while waiting on your 1st commission.

Now I'm doing TM leads to see how it is to sell to ppl who I can save them money & see the difference. So far, my observations are... Less follow up, faster/easier to get paid, but harder to get them interested initially without a mailer to reference.

Made 1 call from my TM leads today....hour later, I've signed up a husband and wife :biggrin:

Made 1 call from my TM leads today....hour later, I've signed up a husband and wife :biggrin:

Sweet..... How much u save em? My final 2 pending deals wanted info in the mail 1st to make sure I'm legit & the company, so it's taking a while to close these.

... And you were worried you wouldn't close any of them... Haha. :)

----------

Sweet..... How much u save em? My final 2 pending deals wanted info in the mail 1st to make sure I'm legit & the company, so it's taking a while to close these.

I'm having a 3 day sale right now - I posted in the offers section but they are proving to be extra slow :(

Is there someone looking for an appointment setter or are you calling the leads yourself?

thanks

Back