Commission payments for MAPD's

Now, what would happen if that T65 member got the MAPD eff 11/01, and then enrolled in a diff plan during AEP for a 01/01 effective date? The member actually wants to do this because of network stuff with his doctor. I guess since he would be on the original plan less than 3 months, id get a chargeback?

You lose out. Rapid disenroll and you get charged back the $450 and only get the renewal rate when they start the new plan in jan.
I’m not 100% but I’m almost positive you get screwed

You lose out. Rapid disenroll and you get charged back the $450 and only get the renewal rate when they start the new plan in jan.
Oh wow, Im getting used to that feeling lately. By the time I get screwed on this one Ill barely have any feeling left, this will be easy!:D:D

Lucky for him he does not lose out. The rapid disenrollment chargeback rule has an exception when the person enrolls in a plan in the last three months of the year and completes the plan year.

Last edited:
Sometime in Jan for most I believe. 50k in Jan will be nice.
my god! how do you do that? are you getting overides on other agents? do you do seminars? I just cannot put up those kind of numbers. I work such long hours but usually will only pick up maybe 60 new MAPDs. I know its my own fault, since my marketing strategy consists of visiting customers in their home, often driving all over the area to visit clients one or two at a time. I'm trying to transition to a different strategy, but it will take some time. I am just curious what your strategy consists of.

(2017 NJ rates $276 or $553 trueup)
I’m still confused at how prorated commissions are paid out.
If I write a TRUE-UP application effective 10/1/17,
Would my initial pay be $69 ($23 x 3 months) and my TrueUp be $484 ($553 - $69)??
Would it start renewing 1/1/18??
HELP!!!

Lucky for him he does not lose out. The rapid disenrollment chargeback rule has an exception when the person and enrolls in a plan in the last three months of the year and completes the plan year.
You weren't lying!!! I got my true up today on the 11/01 app, and I ended up doing a 12/01 app as well and got that true up today too!! And Im in Crested Butte, about to hit the slopes. My lucky day!

You weren't lying!!! I got my true up today on the 11/01 app, and I ended up doing a 12/01 app as well and got that true up today too!! And Im in Crested Butte, about to hit the slopes. My lucky day!

Which carrier paid this full trueup ?

Back