Companies similar to Modern Woodmen of America

SalesguyJC

I was approached by MWA and recently earned my Life and Health licenses here in SC. After finding this incredible site I've decided not to pursue a career with them based off the logic of working indy and the comp plan being half of average.

What really drew me to MWA was the versatile products. They're a one stop shop imo.

My question is, is there another carrier out there that offers something similar MWA and Ameriprise? I know not to go captive but I have to start somewhere.

I was approached by MWA and recently earned my Life and Health licenses here in SC. After finding this incredible site I've decided not to pursue a career with them based off the logic of working indy and the comp plan being half of average.

Was there another part of that logic to find quality training?

100% of $0 is still zero.

Yes actually it was. I've asked around and was told that State Farm has pretty strong training. But that's not the question...

State Farm is as captive as they come.

And I know that wasn't the question. It's the question that needs to be asked and answered.

Products and companies don't matter. Every company has similar products (with some expected slight variations). There are successful people at every company.

It's the training and skills of the person who is selling them. No skills = no career. I don't care what company it is.

I've also read and have been told MWA has decent training but lacks in certain aspects as a whole.

I'm in car sales now and I know the grind all too well but I ultimate goal is build that residual and have more family time.

Do you do outbound car sales? In this work, you have to create your own work. Which means having a quality message to promote.

This isn't a job. It's a lifestyle.

I can't comment on MWA training. I HAVE heard of a guy who trained a MWA agent and that agent sold a $675,000 annual premium case... by asking a few questions.

This was the guy who trained him:

To sell life insurance at the level we're talking about isn't just about life insurance. This isn't a simple "features, benefits, price, do you qualify, and do you wanna buy?" presentation. And I don't trust much of ANY organization to teach it - particularly to newer agents.

Now, if you want something you can actually learn and use that isn't expensive, I'd recommend the Insurance Pro Shop's training. They have online video training for $30/month.

https://www.insuranceproshop.com/insurance-marketing/

If you want to learn a great way to ask for and get referrals, I only recommend training from Sandy Schussel:

Products - Intensive Coaching for Financial and Insurance Professionals | Build Confidence, Improve Communication, Lead

You can even start with this to get some basic prospecting training:

Now, after you've reviewed these videos, you'll have a better idea of how to make a REAL living in this business - and I don't care what company you're with. The reason the company doesn't matter is because most company's training is crap... but it's up to the AGENT to help make sure the promises we make will happen for our clients.

You will be successful if you apply work ethic, follow whatever system is offered, deal with rejection and failure and put in twice as much effort as everybody else.

compensation is only part of the big picture. I was perfectly successful at a 70%, most of the world is what YOU make of it.

Back