Companies with the best service?

I vote for Senior Life:

_A real english speaking person answers the phone, usually in less than 5 rings.

_Can talk directly and immediately with underwriters, accounting, agent support, etc. No wasted time hoping for a call back.

_NSF's, new account #'s, draft date changes, etc. can be handled over the phone by the home office or I can do a 3 way call with client and SL on phone to make changes.

_An ipad app that, once client has answered health questions and given their prescribed meds, will tell me which plan they qualify for. Mistake proof so agents get paid on time.

_If I submit the app and pic of check before 3pm est I'm paid that same night!

_The ipad app has a world class presentation, complete with 4 min. video, so a brand new agent can give the same world class presentations just like an experienced agent. Helps new agents have a decent closing %.

_I can enroll Ms. Jones into the Legacy membership ($3 monthly membership) that will let her get her casket, vault, and monument locked in for $3500 (about half of what funeral homes charge). This savings is IMMEDIATE even for the GI business.Over 200 different caskets to pick from, a larger selection than any funeral home in America. Eliminates her kids arguing about which casket to pick at time of death. This legacy plan also gives the same discount to up to 4 other family members and these 4 additional family members do NOT have to get a policy to receive these discounts. (Rouse I hope this answers your earlier questions). I can't think of ANY reason why Ms. Jones would not want this savings for her and her family, unless she's prepaid for everything in full.

_Charge-backs come off the back end rather than from your advances.

_Group health insurance for agents and their families.

_Life time renewals.

_TV leads less than 5 min old.

_DM leads that say "life insurance" in bold print in the 1st sentence. The lead piece also says "not affiliated with medicare, federal gov't, or any state agency". Almost never hear "we thought this was something free from the gov't".

_Can be paid every day if business is issuing every day.

_Simple one page app.

_True GI (ZERO health questions) for ages 0-85!

_If draft is NSF agent is notified the next day, not weeks later.

_The CEO, President, Vice-President, and various other home office staff have experience selling FE with leads. What other companies can state that?

There's more, but I don't want to hog this thread.

If anyone wants more details feel free to call me. Details in my signature below.

Those are some good perks. BUT as usual, you left off some negatives. Ex. if client doesn't need legacy assurance plan, Senior Life docks you 20% of commission and will never pay you trails.

When checking on new business, the Slice App. doesn't let you know if anything is outstanding or if application is approved. You have to call into the new business department to get that information.

Also, if appointed in multiple states ( Like Greg claims he is ) in addition to charging you an appointment fee of let's say $35, a month or two later Senior Life charges you an aditional $60 for each state. They call it a renewal fee and say it's the fee the STATE INsurance Department charges them. It's a little fishy as NO other insurance comapny charges me for a renewal, then the initial appointment fee. Imagine being licensed in 50 states with Senior LIfe getting charged $60 per state each year.

Just call Rob Elsberry or Jay Crockett is wanting a contract. Why call Greg?

Those are some good perks. BUT as usual, you left off some negatives. Ex. if client doesn't need legacy assurance plan, Senior Life docks you 20% of commission and will never pay you trails.

When checking on new business, the Slice App. doesn't let you know if anything is outstanding or if application is approved. You have to call into the new business department to get that information.

Also, if appointed in multiple states ( Like Greg claims he is ) in addition to charging you an appointment fee of let's say $35, a month or two later Senior Life charges you an aditional $60 for each state. They call it a renewal fee and say it's the fee the STATE INsurance Department charges them. It's a little fishy as NO other insurance comapny charges me for a renewal, then the initial appointment fee. Imagine being licensed in 50 states with Senior LIfe getting charged $60 per state each year.

Just call Rob Elsberry or Jay Crockett is wanting a contract. Why call Greg?
I seriously considered contracting with them.. They have a lot of positives.. I didn't like having to sell Legacy Assurance to get renewals but I could live with that. The big negative with me, especially at my age and health was the requirement for production to receive renewals and maintain the contract. Seems like you had to have production every 30 days (not sure of the time limit) . I was told not to worry about it as they did not enforce it but it is my experience that companies do not put things in their contract for no reason.

I seriously considered contracting with them.. They have a lot of positives.. I didn't like having to sell Legacy Assurance to get renewals but I could live with that. The big negative with me, especially at my age and health was the requirement for production to receive renewals and maintain the contract. Seems like you had to have production every 30 days (not sure of the time limit) . I was told not to worry about it as they did not enforce it but it is my experience that companies do not put things in their contract for no reason.

Ya they lied about the no production issue again. Was told straight up there were no production requirements. Then 30 days later they terminated a partner of mine.

NOt sure why you'd lie about that. Just be honest

This morning I did a three way call with a State Farm agent and a friend of my son. A month or two ago I had him request some Inforces from the office. They did not have a clue what he wanted and did not offer to get the info for him. So we called the HO and got all that we needed.

Today the HO would not make the changes he wanted to and transferred us to the agent. She was pissed that I was involved. We started to review the UL. The UL she sold him 10 years ago. Of all the misinformation that she was trying to sell the " Don't worry about the Guaranteed Column, Those rates will never happen" Ah MS agent? the rates are already at the minimum. "Yes, go they can not go any lower" Yes however the cost can go up. " Yes, but they never have" Ahh, OK, Nevermind. Can you just stop the payment to the UL until notified please. "No, You have to pay into it or it will lapse" Ah, no, there is $15,000 in CVs and the cost are very low"

You have been doing this for a bit also. Ever see a company do something that they have never done before? Never until they do that is.

This morning I did a three way call with a State Farm agent and a friend of my son. A month or two ago I had him request some Inforces from the office. They did not have a clue what he wanted and did not offer to get the info for him. So we called the HO and got all that we needed.

Today the HO would not make the changes he wanted to and transferred us to the agent. She was pissed that I was involved. We started to review the UL. The UL she sold him 10 years ago. Of all the misinformation that she was trying to sell the " Don't worry about the Guaranteed Column, Those rates will never happen" Ah MS agent? the rates are already at the minimum. "Yes, go they can not go any lower" Yes however the cost can go up. " Yes, but they never have" Ahh, OK, Nevermind. Can you just stop the payment to the UL until notified please. "No, You have to pay into it or it will lapse" Ah, no, there is $15,000 in CVs and the cost are very low"

You have been doing this for a bit also. Ever see a company do something that they have never done before? Never until they do that is.

stuff like this makes you sick.

Remember State Mutual when it was a great little mutual life company.. In all the years they had never failed to pay or exceed their projected dividends.. Until they did... Now my daughters policy is $37K DB instead of $50K

I'm sure there are some great State Farm agents, but some are real scum too.

I was getting a guy moved over from State Farm, there was a billing issue so we were a bit late sending in cancellation. But we sent proof of coverage so they could back date it. She absolutely refused to do it. The strangest thing, she just picked a date to cancel on. It wasn't the date signed, the date my coverage began or even the date she received it. Just some date in the middle and she tried to act like she was doing him a favor too.

Needless to say, he'll never go back to her even if he does leave me.

Yep, that's what contracts are for...to be read and understood. It used to be one app every 30 days a year ago when you contacted me. Now it's one app every 90 days.
But let's be honest Rouse. Would you write one app every 90 days? You should know that immediate vesting would not keep you from receiving renewals right?

Remember State Mutual when it was a great little mutual life company.. In all the years they had never failed to pay or exceed their projected dividends.. Until they did... Now my daughters policy is $37K DB instead of $50K

Yeah but, Yeah but, it is 100 years old.

I sold my first UL in the 80s. Very large, Very old, East Coast Mutual. The bad old days.

If it is not Guaranteed .... It is not.

Yeah but, Yeah but, it is 100 years old.

State Mutual? Wasn't that old.. Talking about the one out of Rome, GA not Indiana.. This one doesn't even write life any more.. Think they are trying to be a player in the med supp arena.. Possibly even demutualized but am not sure..

Last edited:
Back