Complete Newb Here, Looking for Any Advice

Ash2012

As I stated, I am a complete newb. I am just recently licensed (P&C and will be obtaining Life in the beginning of next year). I am already employed, I am just curious as to any tips or tricks you guys wish you had know when entering the field. Any words of wisdom or advice would be greatly appreciated. Tips on cold calls, something I have huge fear of but am slowly over coming. Anything you believe you must absolutely know in this business? ANYTHING you find has been helpful to you, books, websites, etc.
I am trying my best to familiarize myself with products, RMPs, etc. but right now it seems like SOOO much info to take in!:goofy:

I am some-what young and would like this to be a start as a permanent career so any advice to make me feel a little more comfortable is very much appreciated.

Ash...welcome to the forum. I could be wrong, but I don't think you're going to get a lot of replies. Very open-ended questions and not specific enough. If you want tips and advice...search the forum and you will find threads to help I promise you. If you want specific answers... just ask. Once again... welcome to the forum and good luck!

Agree with Cory, I am new as well and alot of your questions are answered in the threads both in this forum and in the General Forum. Look around there are some great answers and advice on getting started. I have been doing it a couple of months now and the main thing I would suggest is to become an expert first, know what you are selling. If its auto and home, learn those products inside and out. You will come across more confident and knowledgeable. Also you will be able to answer their questions on the spot

Welcome to the forum! In the get started selling insurance section I made an outline of things for p&c agents. Tell us about your situation, narrow down your questions and give more detail, read my thread, and we will be able to help you more.

Hey Ash. I have been in the life insurance/ investments end of it for almost 2 years, and I have my Series 6 as well. This business can be INCREDIBLE if you are at a good company. Training is the key. If your company has a comprehensive, well taught system in place, it makes the job so much easier to understand and grasp. Get to love the telephone. I have broken EVERY life insurance sales record in my office and I STILL hit the phones constantly. Get your investments license ASAP so that you can help your clients in a more well rounded way. The more you can do for them, the "stickier" they are. In other words, they are less likely to go elsewhere if their home, auto, life, investments, and long term care needs are under one roof. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Back