Concerns with Hometown Quotes

I know more than one person has told me how miserable Hometown's leads have become.

HTQ told me they don't buy from affiliates - they create their own leads.

3 or 4. And he got 10. Yep...someone is fibbin big time, and I don't think it is Nick.

I don't think it's Nick either.

I have always known HTQ to use affiliates - they used to blame them for the poorer leads.

I used them for a time last fall. While good for a while, lead quality nosedived, and they became insanely puckered on legitimate returns.

When they wouldn't lower the price, I moved on.

" When they wouldn't lower the price, I moved on. "

This can be said by most things. There usually is a reason for price reductions . . .

Tom

I needed the advance from writing my own policy to keep the lights on

So I guess I can close your file since you bought from another agent. Stiffed again!!

Those darn internet leads aren't worth the paper they aren't written on.

HTQ told me they don't buy from affiliates - they create their own leads

You got half right.

They do generate their own leads.

They also buy from affiliates

I sent an email to two folks at HTQ last night -- my personal rep, and the lady who I originally spoke with to get signed up. It was a friendly, but strongly worded, request for information.

I got a response by phone and email from my rep about ten minutes ago. They're blaming it on a rogue affiliate. I showed them my records where I submitted a very specific set of information directly to Hometownquotes.com, not to an affiliate. Furthermore, I showed them where I have received two emails from eHealthInsurance containing the information the information submitted only to HTQ. When I asked Michelle about this initially, she said that it must have been from a previous test I did -- again, good records saved my ass. Two emails from eHealthInsurance, and that's on top of approximately ten agent contacts.

My account is now paused, and a refund is being processed.

Also, although seven leads is far too small a sample size to adequately judge the quality of a company, I will say that of the seven, the following four were very interesting (I submit this more as an amusing story than an actual indictment of the quality):

1. Severely obese schizophrenic.
2. 42 year old female looking for maternity-only coverage.
3. A man on meds for ADHD, smoking cessation (who listed himself as a nonsmoker), high cholesterol, COPD, and hormone replacement -- looking for prescription only coverage.
4. A woman on medication for severe, recurrent migraines with pending testing.

At least I got a good story :1laugh:

Last edited:
Play love broker.

Introduce 2 to 3 and 1 to 4.

Then encourage them all to get jobs at Starbucks where they can get health insurance as part of the employment package.

Familiar with Craigslist?

I generate a few of my own leads from Craigslist ads. Haven't made a sale from them yet, but they're usually good for at least a chuckle. For instance, the sixty-nine year old man with bladder cancer who wanted a non-med $10,000,000 20-year term...

Back