Could It Work With Telemarketing?

Neither... how's that for a vague answer.

They're actually generated from Mexico... which is neither here or overseas. Full disclosure: I'm not in the "lead business"... we are packaging bulk orders for a once-a-week purchase that allows us to keep buying in bulk with the minimum lead order.

Do they speak good English?

Are you having good results from them?

I listened to it and the guy actually sounds American, but these are from Mexico. Maybe it is reverse immigration.
I don't know if you have any control over what the telemarketer says. The question when he asks if she is on Medicare is too generic. If he asks what plan letter they are on and even what the current payment is. This would make for a great lead.

I listened to it and the guy actually sounds American, but these are from Mexico. Maybe it is reverse immigration.
I don't know if you have any control over what the telemarketer says. The question when he asks if she is on Medicare is too generic. If he asks what plan letter they are on and even what the current payment is. This would make for a great lead.

As well as a more expensive lead.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Full disclosure: I'm not in the "lead business"... we are packaging bulk orders for a once-a-week purchase that allows us to keep buying in bulk with the minimum lead order.

So just to be clear, you, with all your agents, went through the trouble of registering a domain, making a website, and answering questions on the forum for leads when you're not making money on the deal?

Last edited:
So just to be clear, you, with all your agents, went through the trouble of registering a domain, making a website, and answering questions on the forum for leads when you're not making money on the deal?

Just to be clear, you continue to comment on every post to put your domain out there over and over?

We have a minimum of 500 leads a week to order to continue to get our price. We are ordering in bulk. That is the purpose of the site - to capture the information and remit the payment to one source. I do not want to lose this source, not at all.

No, I'm not in the lead business. This is a very necessary evil, given the current state of the internet leads for Medicare supplements, and it's working great for that purpose.

Just to be clear, you continue to comment on every post to put your domain out there over and over?

I post because I find it interesting, the signature is a perk.

We have a minimum of 500 leads a week to order to continue to get our price. We are ordering in bulk. That is the purpose of the site - to capture the information and remit the payment to one source. I do not want to lose this source, not at all.

So, for your troubles, you are taking a piece of the action or are you just doing this for the greater good?

Chris, almost nobody is going to care if you're selling leads, but it makes you look shifty if you don't own up to what you're doing.

***DNC Issue***: On the first lead the lady said that the phone number showed up "unknown". If they're not broadcasting a phone number that they can be reached at, that's a violation of the DNC Law.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No, I don't look shifty at all. I also won't share my agent's income breakdown with anyone.. not even on a public forum for scrutiny. I can't recall the last time anyone reporting on any service around here disclosed their mark-up, referral fees, in-kind discounts, if any, etc. If you want to start a new trend, feel free.

Oh, I get it. You found a great lead source and rather than buying up ever lead they have and making out like a bandit off the commissions, you'd rather make money on each lead sold.

It has nothing to do with sharing your income, it's that the way you presented it would lead one to believe that it was just a referral, not you actually reselling a service and taking a piece of the action. If you simply had your link be to the website you created to "wholesale" them out of, that would paint a different picture.

Tell you what, let me start the trend. Not so long ago I recommended StellarProspects.com. Let me tell everyone what my cut is of that referral, nothing, absolutely nothing. He is just a good guy that is honest and offers a good product. Also, in case this comes as a surprise to anyone, when I sell marketing lists, I am actually making money on the deal, I'm not just doing it as a service and I'm not doing it to keep my volume discounts.

Last edited:
Here, let me help with that, since it's competition for you and all...and how dare someone else mention someone else with leads. Beware, there might be another profiteer out there.

An opinion has been rendered here that this is a: "***DNC Issue***"

Yup, the opinion of the, FCC. Check it: National Do-Not-Call Registry

"If you subscribe to CALLER ID, you should know when a telemarketer is calling you: telemarketers are required to transmit Caller ID information and may not block their numbers."

I read an article in the Wall Street Journal recently that stated that telemarketing companies in India are having a serious problem in hiring telemarketers. Apparently only about 3 out of every 100 recruits are qualified. IMHO even those really suck----their English sounds like they singing a song to you!

Back