CPA Giving Poor Advice

Just call his CPA & challenge him to a street fight.

I feel your pain..I usually run into this w/ *** attorney's but all those professionals think they know everything about everything. I wonder if your client wasn't possibly talking w/ my father in law as his "consultant"

The final verdict:

I overcame both the CPA and the consultant and finally made the client understand what we have to do. He is going to purchase the WC policy and require any of the owner-operators to carry WC on themselves and provide a certificate showing such. And while getting the drivers to buy their own WC is not going to be near as easy as he thinks that's up to him. I can't run every aspect of his business for him. I've warned him if they aren't providing a certificate to show they cover themselves on a policy it's going to be 1) on him at audit and 2) coming back on his WC policy if something happens.

I think I earned every cent I made on this one.

The final verdict:

I overcame both the CPA and the consultant and finally made the client understand what we have to do. He is going to purchase the WC policy and require any of the owner-operators to carry WC on themselves and provide a certificate showing such. And while getting the drivers to buy their own WC is not going to be near as easy as he thinks that's up to him. I can't run every aspect of his business for him. I've warned him if they aren't providing a certificate to show they cover themselves on a policy it's going to be 1) on him at audit and 2) coming back on his WC policy if something happens.

Good thing, if he gets audited it would suck something fierce. My old job involved doing WC claims reporting and audits for YRC; classes 7219 and 7229 were about as bad as it got for things that didn't involve high voltage or gunpowder. Of course they'd have three death claims in a good year so that wasn't helping the experience ratio much either.

The final verdict:

Good for you Mr Golf. Score one for the insurance agent!

On the life side of the business this happens a good bit from attorneys and CPA's. Just because one is not "biased" doesn't mean that they know their ****.

Back