CUNA Mutual Group acquires Assurant’s global prearranged funeral and final expense business

This is the way I started out with Globe Life in 1972, but we didn't have leads...we canvassed door to door. I also did it in the 80's with Globe / United American as a captive agent.

In the 70's, when I was single, it was fun and I partied every night.

In the 80's when I was married and had kids, it wasn't fun being away from my family at night, so I only did it for about a year, and just started driving more and working closer to home.

You're right, very few survive being a road warrior.
Have never figured out the rational for the road warrior bit. Agents from my county would drive 100+ miles away to work another county. On the way, they would meet agents from that county driving here to work.

Have never figured out the rational for the road warrior bit. Agents from my county would drive 100+ miles away to work another county. On the way, they would meet agents from that county driving here to work.

You guys that hang around the house say that usually because you either can’t (can’t be away from the wife,insecure or trust issues ) or won’t accept the personal challenge to get outside of your comfort zone.

They make excuses to prevent themselves from exceeding expectations and it’s usually very obvious.

Or in your case your health.

I’ve been traveling,working out or town 30+ years.

It was the same thing when I was in the home improvement business.

Some guys absolutely love it. Lots of great memories.

In this business unless you’re in an area with great mail returns and a lot of people you’re gonna starve for leads or do a ton of driving.

“Living on the road my friend “ Willie Nelson

As long as I am here the pedal will be to the medal.

You guys that hang around the house say that usually because you either can’t (can’t be away from the wife,insecure or trust issues ) or won’t accept the personal challenge to get outside of your comfort zone.

They make excuses to prevent themselves from exceeding expectations and it’s usually very obvious.

Or in your case your health.

I’ve been traveling,working out or town 30+ years.

It was the same thing when I was in the home improvement business.

Some guys absolutely love it. Lots of great memories.

In this business unless you’re in an area with great mail returns and a lot of people you’re gonna starve for leads or do a ton of driving.

“Living on the road my friend “ Willie Nelson

As long as I am here the pedal will be to the medal.
No, it is not because I can't. It is because I have never seen the need. For the past couple of years I have worked the surrounding counties...less than 30 miles from my home. Don't work my home county too much for a personal reason. I am getting to where I cannot remember people.. have never been good with names. Hate running into someone at the local stores and cannot remember if they are a client or not when they speak to me.

No, it is not because I can't. It is because I have never seen the need. For the past couple of years I have worked the surrounding counties...less than 30 miles from my home. Don't work my home county too much for a personal reason. I am getting to where I cannot remember people.. have never been good with names. Hate running into someone at the local stores and cannot remember if they are a client or not when they speak to me.

No worries i have CRS too.

I can't remember their name when im in the house !
I tell them to hand me the card back !

There is a few people in your town/local area buying life insurance from someone every single day. May as well be from you.

Lots of agents do better away from home. There's nothing to do except work. Around home there are so many distractions, honey do lists, etc.

If your selling at a high level and you drop massive mail and you keep mailing 4 times a yr the same area you’ll get 15-20% duplicates . 2 weeks ago I dropped 25 k over 16 county’s for aep and I’ll be dropping 15-25k in about a week . I’ve already noticed quit a bit of duplicates . I’ll take the duplicates during aep as the 2nd round I’m mailing same are with 2023 benefits . I want appts as close together as I can to see the most people

That’s why I like working several different states. I got lazy a few years ago and kept dropping the same counties. Kept getting duplicates. Now I drop my home state’s honey holes 1-2 X per year then hit some brand new areas,states on the road. Keeps the responses pretty fresh.

Back