CUNA Mutual Group acquires Assurant’s global prearranged funeral and final expense business

Positive. AmAm doesn't allow replacements in Ky, Kansas or WV.

Page 11 of the agent guide Ky,Kansas clearly states no replacement.
W.V. Is wide open.
I recently used them to replace a NY Life term policy.
Both boxes checked yes on the app….yes they have a policy and yes on the replacement.
Had to go back and look at it myself on the E App just now before you jump all over me.

Page 11 of the agent guide Ky,Kansas clearly states no replacement.
W.V. Is wide open.
I recently used them to replace a NY Life term policy.
Both boxes checked yes on the app….yes they have a policy and yes on the replacement.
Had to go back and look at it myself on the E App just now before you jump all over me.

It's possible they changed it? Been a long time since I was contracted with AmAm. Companies do change from time to time. SNL didn't use to allow replacements in Ky. Now they do.

Maybe they did ? I remember Settlers didn’t allow it. Back then I would use Trans to replace. I’ve only been with Am Am maybe 2 years so it’s quite possible they didn’t when you had them ?
I can’t keep up with all this stuff.
Hell I have found myself quoting Moo and then having to walk it back,having to explain my way out of it.

Positive. AmAm doesn't allow replacements in Ky, Kansas or WV.

That’s because w Virginia like Kentucky about no contestability after 2 years on replaced policy ? I know Trinity pulled out of ky allowing replacements . This is extra liability on the co. In reality an agent can lie and clean sheet a 2 yr or older policy . The CO’s on the hook for the db will say 1

That’s because w Virginia like Kentucky about no contestability after 2 years on replaced policy ? I know Trinity pulled out of ky allowing replacements . This is extra liability on the co. In reality an agent can lie and clean sheet a 2 yr or older policy . The CO’s on the hook for the db will say 1

I know the agents are always wrong in many eyes. I am not of that notion. Agents don't approve or decline applications.

Yeah Moo is usually my price buster but they they don’t allow replacements in W.V. with Living Promise.
Only using Trans when I have no other choice so LBL was the way to go here.
She ended up with about $1500 more coverage for the same premium.

The Am Am was issued 08/05/2022,7 days after the free look was up so she only made 1 premium l

I always offer to help these kinda folks who been had by these crooks but they never want to move forward and file a complaint when I ask.

I guess they must train the agents at Orca to screw seniors ?

What can be done to stop this crap ?
What you did is the best you can do. Make sure the crooked agent got a nice juicy chargeback and hope it’s the one that takes them right out of the biz.

What you did is the best you can do. Make sure the crooked agent got a nice juicy chargeback and hope it’s the one that takes them right out of the biz.

When I run into them I look up the agent. Seems like everyone in board with this outfit is either a brand new agent or they’ve only been licensed less than 2 years.
Most are gen z or millennials.
What do agents get? 75% 80 %?
They only write Am Mem or Am Am.
The brochure they leave says Clear Choice by Amerilife?
How do they get them to drive out 300-400 miles to work leads ?
Does any of the clean sheeting,fraudulent activities ever come back to the ringleaders?

When I run into them I look up the agent. Seems like everyone in board with this outfit is either a brand new agent or they’ve only been licensed less than 2 years.
Most are gen z or millennials.
What do agents get? 75% 80 %?
They only write Am Mem or Am Am.
The brochure they leave says Clear Choice by Amerilife?
How do they get them to drive out 300-400 miles to work leads ?
Does any of the clean sheeting,fraudulent activities ever come back to the ringleaders?
They recruit young people that are green to the biz and that like to spend 3 or 4 nights a week out of town in hotels. They travel in groups. None of them stick around more than a year or two from what I’ve seen. They usually fail out or if they have an occasional good one they have to wake up and move on at some point.

I’ve spoke with a lot of them and they all say they were trained to never fill out a replacement form or to even carry any with them.

They recruit young people that are green to the biz and that like to spend 3 or 4 nights a week out of town in hotels. They travel in groups. None of them stick around more than a year or two from what I’ve seen. They usually fail out or if they have an occasional good one they have to wake up and move on at some point.
This is the way I started out with Globe Life in 1972, but we didn't have leads...we canvassed door to door. I also did it in the 80's with Globe / United American as a captive agent.

In the 70's, when I was single, it was fun and I partied every night.

In the 80's when I was married and had kids, it wasn't fun being away from my family at night, so I only did it for about a year, and just started driving more and working closer to home.

You're right, very few survive being a road warrior.

Back