Dialing Leads

BustDaMove

I was taught to Triple Dial all my leads, but as of late I am having my numbers being labeled as SPAM. This has greatly increased over the past several months.

I came across an agent who no longer Triple Dials, but grabs TEN leads, Single Dial all of them, grabs the same TEN leads again, Single Dial all of them, and for the last time, grabs the same TEN leads, Single Dial all of them, and then disposition them to be called in a few hours.

Their thought process was that the lead was seeing the same number call every few minutes instead if three times in a row. The agent said they felt it was more professional, has greatly reduced their numbers from being flagged as SPAM, and has increased their pickup rate.

I'm curious as to some feedback because I am just a year in the business. I am calling Mortgage Protection leads that I have mail dropped every week.

I was taught to Triple Dial all my leads, but as of late I am having my numbers being labeled as SPAM. This has greatly increased over the past several months.

I came across an agent who no longer Triple Dials, but grabs TEN leads, Single Dial all of them, grabs the same TEN leads again, Single Dial all of them, and for the last time, grabs the same TEN leads, Single Dial all of them, and then disposition them to be called in a few hours.

Their thought process was that the lead was seeing the same number call every few minutes instead if three times in a row. The agent said they felt it was more professional, has greatly reduced their numbers from being flagged as SPAM, and has increased their pickup rate.

I'm curious as to some feedback because I am just a year in the business. I am calling Mortgage Protection leads that I have mail dropped every week.

The bottom line fewer and fewer people answer the phone unless they know the # . Your competing against 10k spam calls a day now .Get sideline software . You can change #’s and area codes several times a day .

If you call me 3X from different numbers I will label your calls as FRAUD. Same as if you call me 3X from the same # without leaving a message. If you call and leave a message for something that doesn't interest me I Block the number. If the message interests me I call it back

If you call me 3X from different numbers I will label your calls as FRAUD. Same as if you call me 3X from the same # without leaving a message. If you call and leave a message for something that doesn't interest me I Block the number. If the message interests me I call it back

Right. But you probably didn't send in a lead card either.

When you are dealing with the 1%'ers that do mail in a card you need to look at things from that point of view.

Same for DK'ing. I hate DK'ing mainly because I hate to be DK'ed myself. But I do very well when I DK because I work FE leads and they don't mind being DK'ed at all. Many even welcome it.

The gloom and doomers will tell you it can't be done and give many reasons why it can't be. The do'ers just go out and do.

But I'm thankful for the gloom and doomers. They help thin the herd. Just like the "agent killer" prospects. Many agents get so mad about them and whine and whine and whine about them. If you don't work FE, agent killers are the serial mailers that will never buy from anyone. They will set appointments with you, they will invite you in on a DK, etc. But they are never buying and they will continue to respond. We all have them and after 2 or 3 years in this business you know who they are for the most part. And early in my career they bothered me too. Travis Tubbs called them "agent killers" many, many years ago and said thank God for them. And he was right. They get rid of the agents not tough enough to do this. When I get one now I just say, "have a nice day" and move on. Toss that lead and never think another thing about it until the next time they send one. And they will.

I hang up on all of you cold calling-so annoying.
My entire book is based on current clients aging into Medicare or referrals.
No one should enroll through some stranger cold calling them
This is why Medicare has placed more and more rules onto agents.
And-those reply cards? Yeah-"I've gotten about one hundred of them this year and they all go into the shredder.

I hang up on all of you cold calling-so annoying.
My entire book is based on current clients aging into Medicare or referrals.
No one should enroll through some stranger cold calling them
This is why Medicare has placed more and more rules onto agents.
And-those reply cards? Yeah-"I've gotten about one hundred of them this year and they all go into the shredder.

I don’t think the conversation was about cold calling.

I certainly don’t cold call.

As for the mailer, if you don’t want someone to call you then you should discard it.
And this is the life forum. How much life insurance are you writing on those people calling you?

Last edited:
Triple dialing is less effective during the medicare season because seniors are bombarded. Usually end of November you can feel the drop off rate in pick ups. You should look into software that dial 10 numbers at the same time. If you have lead flow, they work. They are not effective if you are part time buying 5 leads a week.

I don’t think the conversation was about cold calling.

I certainly don’t cold call.

As for the mailer, if you don’t want someone to call you then you should discard it.
And this is the life forum. How much life insurance are you writing on those people calling you?

JD you actually made me chuckle...lol.

I've been triple dialing during Medicare. I've noticed slightly fewer folks have answered, but I've still managed to book plenty of appointments and maintain my normal schedule.

Back